New mini PC brand IPPLI has just released this quite stylish TV stick style mini PC called the IPPLI Mars i2.
Like almost everything else at the moment, it runs Rockchip’s RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9 SoC CPU. However, it is pretty well stocked for features with 2GB of DDR3 RAM and 8GB of flash preloaded with Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. You get the usual MicroSD card slot, good for cards up to 32GB. There’s even two USB ports – one USB2.0 host and a microUSB OTG option.
But the key features are the wireless connectivity with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 module ready to run. What makes the Mars i2 stand out however is the removable socketed antenna – a rare sight on any mini PC, let alone a TV stick form factor.
It’s available from sellers on Aliexpress for $80, which is more expensive than most TV stick mini PCs at the moment, but the full package isn’t bad with AC adapter, USB cable, OTG cable, HDMI extension cable and the Wi-Fi antenna all bundled in.
There are two versions – black and white – to choose from. The only thing you’d probably say it could use is an extra 8GB of flash storage. What we don’t know is whether or not it uses the SDK2.0 Android code from Rockchip, which is said to act like a turbo on the RK3188 SoC CPU.
In any event, the 2GB of RAM, the Bluetooth connectivity and the external antenna make this one stand out from the pack and could be well worth a look.
|Model||IPPLI Mars i2|
|Processor||Rockchip RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11b/g/n (inc. external removable antenna)|
|No./type of USB ports||1 x USB2.0 host, 1 x microUSB OTG|
|HDMI form factor||Yes|
|Dimensions||99 x 40 x 10.8mm|
|Announce Date||September 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- T005 mini PC packs in quad-core chip with 2GB RAM
- Kimdecent MK31, a Podoor T518-lookalike quad-core mini PC with external antenna
- E888 USB stick mini PC runs Android 4.2.2 with quad-core CPU
- CBN802 quad-core mini PC delivers Wi-Fi, BT for $63
- UG007III TV stick boosts Allwinner numbers, adds Bluetooth
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50
- QT850 mini PC with dual cores and dual antenna
- MK806 mini PC gives MK802 chassis a dual-core reboot
- QT950 mini PC, a CX-919II quad-core lookalike for $60 plus shipping
- QT970 TV stick features Allwinner quad-core chip, external Wi-Fi antenna