It’s arguably the smallest STB stick mini PC chassis going around but the MK805-style build is getting another run here, these days called the A20 and combines Allwinner’s A20 dual-core Cortex A7 SoC CPU with the latest (for mini PCs) Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system.
Despite its diminutive size, the A20 is surprisingly well stocked with extras. The internal storage can be expanded via MicroSD card slot, good for cards up to 32GB. There’s also two USB2.0 host ports, one of which can also double as an OTG option.
There’s 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi along with an external Wi-Fi antenna, but no Bluetooth in sight, unfortunately.
As for video options, you get the standard HDMI output but there’s also a composite AV output via a 3.5mm TRRS connector.
So all up, it looks like a rebuild of the old MK805 but with the newer Allwinner A20 CPU and Android 4.2.2 operating system. The A20 mini PC is typically bundled with an AC power adapter, external antenna and composite AV cable. We found it selling for as little as $45 on Aliexpress.
|Processor||Allwinner A20 dual-core Cortex A7|
|Clock||Up to 1GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP2|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32Gb|
|No./type of USB ports||2 x USB2.0 host|
|HDMI form factor||Yes (inc. composite AV)|
|Dimensions||153 x 146 x 84mm|
Try these similar stories:
- MK808C TV stick debuts with dual-core CPU and composite AV output
- Compact V482 STB mini PC delivers Wi-Fi, Ethernet, composite AV
- Reko QT800 mini PC powered by Allwinner A20 CPU
- UG008B TV box mini PC delivers three-way networking for under $70
- New S18H-3D TV box mini PC with HD camera and VGA output
- Semitime QT900 a quad-core mini PC with built-in webcam, mic
- Zoomtak M6 mini PC delivers coax digital audio, dual video output
- MOKO M3-T2 TV box mini PC with digital TV tuner for $85
- Low-cost CS848 delivers external Wi-Fi antenna, Rockchip CPU
- Jesurun A19 Android TV box packs in VGA, SATA HDD bay for $80