Chinese mini PC maker Himedia has started churning out yet another model, this time called the Himedia Q11 Duo.
It’s an unusual design in that its powered by HiSilicon’s 3718 dual-core Cortex A9 SoC CPU (almost everything else comes with a Rockchip SoC these days), however it only includes 1GB of DDR3 RAM and just 4GB of on-board flash, preloaded with Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. Most STB mini PCs now come with at least 8GB of flash.
This is the same CPU Himedia used in its A7 STB mini PC design we looked at a couple of weeks ago, except this chassis looks to be a lower-profile design.
On the back, the Himedia Q11 Duo is one of the few mini PCs you’ll find to include HDMI plus composite A/V output – not only that, but it uses RCA sockets rather than the more typical 3.5mm TRRS connection. On top of that, you also get S/PDIF optical digital audio. We think the use of RCA sockets is a good move as they’re more robust than TRRS connectors. RCA video cables are also far more common.
As for the digital audio output, we’d have been happy here with coaxial S/PDIF, again via RCA socket – optical connections are more expensive and likely to be overkill for this application.
Connectivity is through 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and RJ45 Fast Ethernet connections, however, there appears to be no Bluetooth from what we can find.
According to androidpc.es, there’s no pricing or release date known as yet but it expects the Q11 Duo to become the lowest-cost option in the Himedia range.
|Model||Himedia Q11 Duo|
|Processor||HiSilicon 3718 dual-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.8GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400|
|Operating system||Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||SD card, up to 32GB|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11b/g/n (inc. RJ45 Fast Ethernet)|
|No./type of USB ports||3 x USB2.0 host|
|HDMI form factor||Yes (inc. composite A/V via RCA sockets, S/PDIF optical)|
|Dimensions||160 x 115 x 25mm|
|Announce Date||August 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Himedia A7 TV box mini PC to launch with dual-core HiSilicon CPU
- HiMedia Q5 II STB mini PC features external SATA connector
- CS838, an EM6 mini PC look-alike with dual-core CPU, four USB ports
- MeLE M8 quad-core STB mini PC discounted for limited time
- Zoomtak M6 mini PC delivers coax digital audio, dual video output
- CS878 TV box mini PC features Infotmic chip
- MK819 dual-core STB mini PC sells online for $36?
- ENY EM6 STB mini PC gets Android 4.2.2 ROM update
- MK888 follows EKB111, CS918, K-R42 with quad-core TV box
- Jesurun A19 Android TV box packs in VGA, SATA HDD bay for $80