Somewhere along the way, we must have missed this iMito MX2 TV stick mini PC featuring the popular Rockchip RK3066 dual-core CPU.
One of the more stylish examples around, the MX2 accompanies the RK3066 CPU with the standard 1GB of RAM and 8GB of flash storage, preloaded with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), however iMito has since released an official Android 4.2.2 ROM upgrade, which you can install yourself.
Like most TV stick options, this one includes a Type-A USB2.0 port plus a microUSB OTG port. You can also expand the internal storage via microSD card, up to 32GB.
The MX2 is also well-equipped with wireless connectivity with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 3.0 ready to go via an internal wireless antenna.
We’ve seen this selling on Aliexpress for $49 including shipping.
The iMito brand of mini PCs has been quite popular – and certainly so among the custom community with Finless Bob of Freaktab.com fame giving the unit his attention on a number of occasions. The latest release is Finless ROM 2.0, which you can download and install from the Freaktab.com website. It has root access and is debloated of apps you probably won’t need.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3066 dual-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, upgradable to 4.2.2)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|No./type of USB ports||1 x USB2.0 host, 1 x microUSB OTG|
|HDMI form factor||Yes|
|Dimensions||99 x 40 x 11mm|
Try these similar stories:
- iMito QX1 mini PC gets new Finless ROM 1.5 firmware based on Android 4.2.2
- New Finless ROM 1.5 for MINIX NEO X7 STB mini PC
- New Finless 1.4 (Android 4.2.2) ROM for CX-919 released
- CX-919 gets new Finless 4.1.1 ROM, 4.2.2 coming soon
- Q&A – What are the best ROMs for the MK808 mini PC?
- ROM Roundup – new ROM releases for Hyundai T7, Measy U4B, CX-919, iMito QX1
- New Android 4.2.2 ROM for MK908 mini PC
- New MK802IV custom ROM supports AP6210 Wi-Fi chip
- User mod adds extra heatsinks to MK808B mini PC
- New official CX-919 ROM update fixes ‘blank internal flash’