The iMito QX1 is a popular quad-core TV stick style mini PC based on Rockchip’s RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9 SoC CPU and while it has already received the ‘Finless’ treatment, custom ROM maker Finless Bob has released a new Finless ROM 1.5 version for the QX1.
Announced this morning over at Freaktab.com, the new ROM is said to be an improvement over version 1.4 and takes its base from the MiniX NEO X7 set-top box ROM, which Finless Bob describes as ‘a lot better’.
The new ROM is built around Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) and comes with root-access supported by the Superuser root-access manager app. Among the other features are full Google apps include the latest version of the Google Play store.
But arguably the most impressive feature is the ability to choose between six kernels based on a combination of screen resolution, Fraketab.com user Leolas’ frame skip fix and overclocking capability.
The options are:
* Standard 720p (1280×720-pixel) resolution,
* Standard 1080p (1920×1080-pixel) resolution,
* Frame skip fix / no overclock / 720p
* Frame skip fix / no overclock / 1080p
* Frame skip fix / overclock / 720p
* Frame skip fix / overclock / 1080p
You choose your option via the Rockchip flash tool (default option is frame skip fix / no overclock / 720p).
There’s also a new power button option on the status bar that, when pressed, provides a pop-up menu with three options – Sleep, Power Off and Reboot.
You can download the new ROM over at Freaktab.com - http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/imito_qx1_422_finless15.zip
Try these similar stories:
- New Finless ROM 1.5 for MINIX NEO X7 STB mini PC
- iMito MX2 mini PC with dual-core Rockchip does Bluetooth under $50
- New Finless 1.4 (Android 4.2.2) ROM for CX-919 released
- Q&A – What are the best ROMs for the MK808 mini PC?
- CX-919 gets new Finless 4.1.1 ROM, 4.2.2 coming soon
- New Android 4.2.2 ROM for MK908 mini PC
- ROM Roundup – new ROM releases for Hyundai T7, Measy U4B, CX-919, iMito QX1
- Q&A: Can I overclock my mini PC?
- New Rikomagic MK802 IIIS ROM (130722) update adds 5.1-audio output, Android 4.2.2
- Cube U30GT2 gets new custom ROM