Thin client/mini PCs based on Intel Atom D2550 dual-core CPUs have been around for the last 12 months or so, selling for around the $120 mark. But just recently, new dual-core ULV Celeron-powered models have begun appearing on sites like Aliexpress for not much more.
One such model is this unit being sold called the X-26. This Mac Mini-style model combines Intel’s 1.8GHz Celeron 1037U dual-core processor with 2GB of RAM and an 8GB solid-state drive for its $137-plus-shipping pricetag.
The Celeron 1037U is an Ivy Bridge-class processor from Intel’s ULV (Ultra-Low-Voltage) series featuring dual cores running at 1.8GHz and 2MB of ‘smart cache’ (spread across both cores). It includes Intel HD Graphics running at 350MHz with a 1GHz dynamic overclock for in the heat of battle.
While the chip supports up to 32GB of RAM, the X-26 looks to be able to support up to 8GB through its SO-DIMM slot.
While there’s a Wi-Fi antenna on the back, there’s no Wi-Fi included by default – you need to fork out an extra $7 for the Wi-Fi module. However, the rear panel is fairly well stocked with port options including HDMI (v1.3) and VGA video output. You also get four USB2.0 ports, Rj45 Gigabit Ethernet and 12VDC input. There’s also a throwback 9-pin serial port too if you need it.
The internal drive bay can handle a standard 2.5-inch drive – hard drive or SSD – however, there’s no word on whether it’s a SATA2 or SATA3 port. (We’d assume SATA2 to be safe).
|Processor||Intel Celeron 1037U dual-core x86|
|Clock||Up to 1.8GHz|
|GPU type||Intel HD Graphics|
|RAM||2GB DDR3 (SO-DIMM)|
|Internal storage||8GB SSD|
|External storage||(user defined)|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||None (inc. RTL8111DL Gigabit Ethernet)|
|No./type of USB ports||4 x USB2.0 (inc. mic input, speaker output)|
|HDMI form factor||v1.3 (inc. VGA)|
|Dimensions||197 x 197 x 40mm|
|Announce Date||August 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Inctel IN-I160C X86 mini PC goes for $94 plus shipping
- X-27 Core i7-powered mini PC hits market for under $300
- Intel Bay Trail CPU lineup leaked, TDPs as low as 4.5W
- Aaeon AEC-6401 a ruggedised dual-core Atom mini PC
- ASUS N550, N750 notebooks features Gen-4 Haswell CPU, quad-speaker array
- Japan to see new Lenovo IdeaPad S210 touchscreen notebook
- JW-11 STB mini PC includes internal 2.5-inch drive bay
- Jesurun A19 Android TV box packs in VGA, SATA HDD bay for $80
- MiniX Mini HD PC selling for $119 plus shipping
- Intel release new N2805, N2810, N2910 processors