If you’ve wanted two Type-A USB2.0 host ports on your mini PC, you’ve been pretty much locked into the larger set-top box style offerings. However, mini PC maker Ugoos has just released a new TV stick-style mini PC called the Ugoos UM2 that is the only one to-date to feature two Type-A ports.
It’s built around the ever-present Rockchip RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9 SoC CPU clocking at 1.6GHz with 2GB of RAM and 8GB of flash in tow, preloaded with Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system.
Otherwise, it’s a standard TV stick offering with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth of unknown standard. There’s a microSD card slot on the back, good for up to 32GB per card.
We would’ve expected having two USB2.0 host ports to make the UM2 a bit wider than most other TV stick-style mini PCs but looking at the pics on the Ugoos UM2 page, it doesn’t appear to be noticeably larger – certainly, not compared to the CX919II and others with their dual external wireless antennas.
This one was spotted by a keen respondant on cnx-software.com and the $70 bundle includes a USB OTG cable and 5VDC/2A power brick only – no HDMI extension cable. It’s currently available through DealsPrime but we expect it to hit the usual online retail stores within the next week or so.
Strangely, there are appears to be a 3.5mm stereo headphone socket but it’s labelled ‘IR’, suggesting an infrared remote control host box. However, it doesn’t appear to be included in the bundle.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Bluetooth||Yes (standard not specified)|
|No./type of USB ports||2 x USB2.0 host|
|HDMI form factor||Yes (1.3)|
|Announce Date||August 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Ugoos UM1 TV stick features dual-core CPU with remote control
- T005 mini PC packs in quad-core chip with 2GB RAM
- Ugoos UT1 mini PC packs quad-core CPU into aluminium case
- MK823 mini PC features Allwinner A31s quad-core CPU
- New MK822 quad-core mini PC with Bluetooth 4.0
- MX6 mini PC runs Amlogic dual-core processor
- QT950 mini PC, a CX-919II quad-core lookalike for $60 plus shipping
- E888 USB stick mini PC runs Android 4.2.2 with quad-core CPU
- AD6333 slimline USB stick mini PC with dual-core Rockchip CPU
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50