There seems to be no slowing in the number of mini PCs hitting the market and the QT850 notches it up another one. If this one looks familiar, it should – it feature the same shell as the CX-919II, J22, DM918 and others.
However, this one runs the dual-core Rockchip RK3066 SoC CPU with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of on-board flash, preloaded with Android 4.2.2 operating system. The storage can be expanded through MicroSD card slot, which is good for cards up to 32GB.
The most obvious feature is the twin external antenna, which should help the 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1 wireless features to perform well. The only other external points are the two USB ports – one USB2.0 host and one microUSB OTG.
Its bundled with USB OTG adapter, a USB host cable plus short HDMI extension cable and 5VDC/2A power brick.
We found this one selling on Aliexpress for $60 including shipping. That said, with some quad-core models selling for as little as $5 more, it’s worth shopping around before you make a final decision.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3066 dual-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.2|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|No./type of USB ports||1 x USB2.0 host, 1 x microUSB OTG|
|HDMI form factor||Yes|
|Announce Date||August 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- iPEGTOP dual-core mini PC with built-in Bluetooth/Wi-Fi
- MK806 mini PC gives MK802 chassis a dual-core reboot
- Kimdecent MK31, a Podoor T518-lookalike quad-core mini PC with external antenna
- QT950 mini PC, a CX-919II quad-core lookalike for $60 plus shipping
- T005 mini PC packs in quad-core chip with 2GB RAM
- E888 USB stick mini PC runs Android 4.2.2 with quad-core CPU
- CBN802 quad-core mini PC delivers Wi-Fi, BT for $63
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50
- Ditter U24 STB mini PC packs in VIA SoC CPU
- AD6333 slimline USB stick mini PC with dual-core Rockchip CPU