The MK908 TV stick mini PC is essentially the quad-core follow-up to the original MK808 that featured Rockchip’s first-generation RK3066 dual-core SoC CPU.
Now there’s a new factory-created MK908 ROM dated 08.02.2013 available for the quad-core RK3188 chip-powered mini PC.
According to androidpc.es, the ROM fixes two issues that troubled the original MK908 release – it overcomes shutdown problems and it claims to improve wireless functionality.
In short, the ROM installation process involves using the Rockchip Batch Tool on your Windows PC to patch into the mini PC via its USB OTG port. Getting the MK908 to launch into its effective ‘recovery’ mode requires pressing the reset button while and plugging it into the Windows PC.
Try these similar stories:
- Rikomagic MK802IV, clones get new 1080p ROM firmware
- Q&A: How do I fix scrambled Netflix on my MK808 mini PC?
- Windows 8.1 release date announced – October 18
- New Rikomagic MK802 IIIS ROM (130722) update adds 5.1-audio output, Android 4.2.2
- Google patches Chromecast bootloader hole, blocks root access
- J22 mini PC stock Android 4.2.2 ROM arrives
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 to go RTM ‘end of August’
- Windows 8.1 RTM announced, released on October 18
- Adafruit upgrades new Raspberry Pi WebIDE
- Raspberry Pi gets even easier to use, thanks to NOOBS