It looks like there’s a new TV box mini PC chassis available on the OEM market with this REKO QT960-K6 the third version we’ve seen using this chassis style.
Powered by Rockchip’s original-generation RK3066 dual-core Cortex A9 SoC CPU, it comes with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of flash, preloaded with Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system.
The chassis as two vertically-aligned USB2.0 ports plus an SD card slot on the side, good for cards up to 32GB. Inside, there’s 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth 2.1 in conjunction with that external antenna on the rear left-side.
The rear panel features HDMI output, the third USB2.0 port plus RJ45 Fast Ethernet networking.
We found this one on Aliexpress for $54 plus shipping, which makes it even cheaper than the MK821. And with the peripheral features on-board, there’s every chance you could turn this into a basic PC without the need of a powered USB hub.
The bundle includes HDMI cable plus DC-plugged power brick.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3066 dual-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||SD, up to 32GB|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11b/g/n (inc. ext. antenna, RJ45 Ethernet)|
|No./type of USB ports||3 x USB2.0 host|
|HDMI form factor||Yes|
|Announce Date||August 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- UG007III TV stick boosts Allwinner numbers, adds Bluetooth
- Reko QT800 mini PC powered by Allwinner A20 CPU
- CX803 TV stick mini PC delivers dual-core CPU, external antenna under $50
- QT970 TV stick features Allwinner quad-core chip, external Wi-Fi antenna
- New MK888B TV box delivers Bluetooth
- QT950 mini PC, a CX-919II quad-core lookalike for $60 plus shipping
- UG008B TV box mini PC delivers three-way networking for under $70
- New MI 808IV TV stick features familiar chassis, quad-core CPU, Bluetooth
- New MK821 TV box mini PC with Android 4.2.2 OS
- New Tronsmart MK908II now features external antenna for $75