One of the problems with the booming mini PC market in China is that there are a growing number of models using what appear to be similar chassis but sold under different model numbers. This Hi702 is a good example. We’re not sure which one was first but it’s a lookalike for the CX-919 and H9 options.
The Hi702 runs Rockchip’s RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9 SoC CPU accompanied by the standard 1GB of RAM and 8GB of flash, preloaded with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system. Apparently, this version can be upgraded to Android 4.2. That storage is expandable by MicroSD card slot, good for up to 32GB per card.
There’s one Type-A USB2.0 host port plus two microUSB ports – one for DC power, the other offering USB OTG functionality.
Networking includes 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth 4.0, thanks to Broadcom’s AP6210 wireless module. The upside is that it features a single external attached antenna, which should go a fair way to offering decent connectivity. Interestingly, power specs for this call for 5VDC@700mA – we do wonder if it peaks beyond this level though when playing games like Beach Buggy Blitz.
We found this one selling on Aliexpress for around $66 including shipping interchangeably with ‘CX-919′ advertising and being called ‘Tronsmart Hi702′ so that should give you a decent idea of the mix. That’s around about as cheap as you’ll find a quad-core mini PC at the moment.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.8GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11b/g/n (AP6210)|
|No./type of USB ports||1 x USB2.0 host, 2 x microUSB TOG|
|HDMI form factor||Yes|
|Dimensions||102 x 47 x 11mm|
Try these similar stories:
- QT950 mini PC, a CX-919II quad-core lookalike for $60 plus shipping
- T005 mini PC packs in quad-core chip with 2GB RAM
- UG007III TV stick boosts Allwinner numbers, adds Bluetooth
- U26 a dual-core mini PC with Bluetooth/Wi-Fi under $50
- New quad-core HG-UD7 mini PC has optional dual-band Wi-Fi
- E888 USB stick mini PC runs Android 4.2.2 with quad-core CPU
- MK810 USB-stick mini PC uses dual-core Amlogic chip
- New MI 808IV TV stick features familiar chassis, quad-core CPU, Bluetooth
- Ugoos UM2 TV stick mini PC features dual USB2.0 host ports
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50