Mini PC prices continue to come down as the competition amongst resellers continues to heat up. This QT950 is a dead-ringer for the CX-919II, J22 and DM918 models with its lime-green/white chassis and dual Wi-Fi antenna, but the difference here is this one is selling for just $60 plus shipping costs.
The QT950 runs pretty much the latest of everything with Rockchip’s RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9 SoC CPU accompanied by 2GB of DDR3 RAM and 8GB of flash preloaded with Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. The storage can be expanded by MicroSD card, up to 32GB per card.
There’s the standard mix of USB2.0 host and microUSB OTG ports for external devices and networking is well covered too – you get 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 ready to run.
The most obvious feature is the dual rotating Wi-Fi antennas, which should go a long way to delivering improved wireless connectivity.
The bundle we’ve seen on Aliexpress includes HDMI extension cable, microUSB cable plus AC power brick. At $60 plus shipping, it’s about the cheapest price we’ve seen so far.
While there are a few mini PCs using this design, we would recommend against flashing ROMs meant for other devices onto this unit – there’s every likelihood that devices will use different Bluetooth/Wi-Fi chips and flashing a ROM meant for a different mini PC could well render the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth features inoperable.
The Rockchip RK3188 SoC CPU is the fastest we’ve seen so far in a TV stick mini PC and incorporates ARM’s own Mali-400 MP4 graphics engine, which should deliver quite decent gaming performance.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.8GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11b/g/n (w/ dual external antenna)|
|No./type of USB ports||1 x USB2.0 host, 1 x microUSB OTG|
|HDMI form factor||Yes|
|Dimensions||110 x 32 x 10mm|
|Announce Date||May 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- T005 mini PC packs in quad-core chip with 2GB RAM
- E888 USB stick mini PC runs Android 4.2.2 with quad-core CPU
- Kimdecent MK31, a Podoor T518-lookalike quad-core mini PC with external antenna
- iPEGTOP dual-core mini PC with built-in Bluetooth/Wi-Fi
- CBN802 quad-core mini PC delivers Wi-Fi, BT for $63
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50
- MX6 mini PC runs Amlogic dual-core processor
- MK806 mini PC gives MK802 chassis a dual-core reboot
- AD6333 slimline USB stick mini PC with dual-core Rockchip CPU
- QT850 mini PC with dual cores and dual antenna