The mini PC features the standard HDMI plug-style chassis but is powered by a Rockchip RK3068 SoC CPU. Cnx-software found this one online but hasn’t been able to find much information on the chip. However, according to Chinese-language site PCOnline, the chip is basically an RK3066 but with added 3G wireless support, which means it’s designed to go in smartphones and tablets to make data and phone calls.
It’s certainly an unusual choice and it’s not clear why Risun would’ve chosen this SoC CPU over the more common (and you’d think cheaper) RK3066 option.
As it is, the D05 features 1GB of RAM and 4GB of flash storage, preloaded with Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system. There’s no Bluetooth, but you appear to get 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, according to Risun’s Alibaba store page for the device. You get a MicroSD card slot, good for up to 32GB per card and there’s a Type-A USB2.0 host port. The microUSB port appears to be for power only.
Given the similarities between the RK3066 and RK3068 SoC CPUs, we’d expect this to perform similarly to any other RK3066-based mini PC.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3068 dual-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP2|
|Operating system||Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|No./type of USB ports||1 x USB2.0 host|
|HDMI form factor||v1.4|
|Dimensions||81.6 x 28.5 x 8.5mm|
|Announce Date||June 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Webcam mini PCs – MK602 or MK818
- Ugoos UM1 TV stick features dual-core CPU with remote control
- HG-UD4 mini PC under $40 with Rockchip CPU
- AD6333 slimline USB stick mini PC with dual-core Rockchip CPU
- X31 mini PC matches Hi705 with quad-core CPU and built-in camera
- MINIX NEO G4 dual-core mini PC drops below $50
- Super-slim MK812A TV box mini PC with 2MP camera
- Low-cost Hi709 USB stick mini PC delivers dual-core Rockchip CPU
- Ugoos UT1 mini PC packs quad-core CPU into aluminium case
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50