The J22 is one of a small number of similar dual-external-antenna type mini PCs powered by Rockchip’s RK3188 quad-core SoC CPU. The DM918 we’ve looked at previously is all but identical, so too the CX919II.
However, until now, the J22 hasn’t had a stock ROM release made available. That changed today with news that a stock Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) ROM had arrived, according to Androidpc.es.
Rockchip’s Windows ROM tool is popular with these devices as users try some of the custom ROMs made available for RK3188-based devices. However, not all RK3188 mini PCs use the same Wi-Fi/Bluetooth chips so flashing a custom ROM can cause wireless connectivity to disappear. According to Androidpc.es, this ROM should help if you’ve managed to brick your J22.
Despite being all but identical, we cannot guarantee this ROM will work with the DM918 or CX919II. We’ll endeavour to find out if we can.
The J22 features 2GB of RAM and 8GB of flash, preloaded with Android 4.2.2 operating system. It also has support for 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, along with a MicroSD card slot and Type-A USB2.0 host port.
Try these similar stories:
- ROM Roundup – New releases for CS868, MK802IV
- ROM Roundup – stock & custom Android 4.2 ROMs for MK802IIIS
- ROM Roundup – new ROM releases for Hyundai T7, Measy U4B, CX-919, iMito QX1
- QT950 mini PC, a CX-919II quad-core lookalike for $60 plus shipping
- U-SEEK US633 mini PC comes with Nufront NS115 CPU
- New official CX-919 ROM update fixes ‘blank internal flash’
- Q&A: CX-919 1080p custom ROM freezing?
- New Tronsmart MK908 ROM adds OTA update feature
- New MK802IV custom ROM supports AP6210 Wi-Fi chip
- Tronsmart MK908 homebrew cooling system