No matter how many Rockchip RK3188-based mini PCs we see, there always seems to be room for at least one more. In this case, it’s the new AD6352 USB stick-style unit.
Rocking Rockchip’s quad-core RK3188 SoC CPU, the AD6352 comes with 1GB of DDR3 RAM and 8GB of flash, preloaded with Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. The storage is expandable through the MicroSD card slot, good for up to 32GB per card.
This one has good networking included with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 ready to go, but only through an internal antenna. There’s also only room for one USB2.0 host port – you do get a microUSB port but for power only.
The package includes a Y-type USB cable, HDMI extender and a 5VDC/2A USB power adapter. The chassis itself is the standard HDMI plug style.
We found this one selling on Aliexpress for $67 including shipping, which isn’t far off the cheapest price we’ve seen so far – the fact it includes Bluetooth 4.0 is a rarity though at this price.
Until we find a mini PC with one of MediaTek’s new MT8135 SoC CPUs, it’s unlikely we’ll see any mini PC SoC CPUs faster than the RK3188 until next year when early Cortex A12 models begin appearing. The RK3188 features ARM’s Mali-400 MP4 quad-core GPU however, when it comes to gaming, Allwinner’s own quad-core A31 SoC CPU packs in the PowerVR SGX544 MP2 which looks to deliver better GPU speed. The problem for the A31 is that it’s based on ARM’s Cortex A7 architecture, which generally isn’t as fast as the Cortex A9 the RK3188 is built on.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.5GHz (TBC)|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|No./type of USB ports||1 x USB2.0 host|
|HDMI form factor||v1.3|
|Announce Date||July 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Ocean Star OS-TRK303 dual-core mini PC selling for under $40
- Webcam mini PCs – MK602 or MK818
- New MK822 quad-core mini PC with Bluetooth 4.0
- U26 a dual-core mini PC with Bluetooth/Wi-Fi under $50
- iPEGTOP Dual-core RK3066 TV stick mini PC drops below $33
- AD6333 slimline USB stick mini PC with dual-core Rockchip CPU
- MX6 mini PC runs Amlogic dual-core processor
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50
- MK823 mini PC features Allwinner A31s quad-core CPU
- New CS968 STB mini PC features camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, quad-core CPU