The company announced the tablet would feature ‘Cat 4′ support, allowing for download speeds of up to 150Mbps over Vodafone’s 4GB network, as opposed to what it says is the standard Cat 3/100Mbps model.
The MediaPad 10 Link features Huawei’s own K3V2 quad-core Cortex A9 SoC CPU with Vivante GC4000 graphics engine driving a 10.1-inch I-PS panel with 1280×800-pixel resolution.
What’s not clear is which version Vodafone is selling – the MediaPad 10 Link 4G actually has three different built-in storage options (8, 16 or 32GB) but no announcement on this was made. Whatever the case, storage can be expanded through a MicroSD card slot, good for up to 32GB per card.
UPDATE: Vodafone has just reached out to us and told us it’ll be the 16GB version going on sale.
There’s decent networking with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 3.0 support and it comes with a sizeable 6600mAh Lithium-polymer battery, although we don’t have any battery life details at this stage. The tablet also comes with two cameras – a 3.2MP image sensor on the back and a more basic VGA camera on the front.
The MediaPad 10 Link will be available on three Vodafone plans, all 24-month contracts – a $35 plan with 2.5GB data, a $45 plan with 4GB and Vodafone’s $60 plan with 8GB of monthly data.
|Model||Huawei MediaPad 10 Link|
|Clock||Up to 1.2GHz|
|GPU type||Vivante GC4000|
|Screen size (inches)||10.1|
|Screen resolution||1280 x 800 pixels|
|Screen type||IPS LCD|
|Operating system||Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), upgradable to|
|Internal storage||8/16/32 GB|
|External storage||microSD, up to 32 GB|
|Battery type||6600mAh Lithium-polymer (non-removable)|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11 b/g/n|
|Rear camera||3.15 MP (2048×1536 pixels) with|
|Dimensions||257.4 x 175.9 x 9.9 mm|
Try these similar stories:
- Huawei MediaPad 7 Vogue delivers 3G and quad-core CPU
- Huawei announces Ascend P2 to hit Telstra stores July 30
- Huawei Ascend P6 lands in Australia July 15
- Quad-core Freelander PX2 tablet packs in I-PS panel, 3G, GPS
- New Huawei Ascend P6 smartphone is just 6.2mm thick
- Phones compared – Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 vs Huawei Ascend Mate
- Huawei Ascend P2 smartphone features K3V2 quad-core CPU
- AllFine Fine8 Style tablet features quad-core CPU, HD screen for Y699
- ICOO ICOU7LP 7-inch tablet has more resolution than iPad mini
- PocketBook launches new SurfPad 2 dual-core Android tablet