Apart from that quad-core SoC CPU, it’s accompanied by 1GB of DDR3 RAM and only 4GB of flash, but it’s preloaded with Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), the latest we’ve seen with any mini PC so far. That storage can be expanded by its MicroSD card slot, good for up to 32GB per card. There are two USB ports on this one – a full-size USB2.0 Host and a smaller microUSB option, but it looks as though that’s for power only.
Networking isn’t too bad either with the standard 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi along with Bluetooth. It’s only v2.1 but that’s better than v0.0. The antenna here is internal only.
Video output comes via the HDMI plug.
It comes bundled with a 5VDC/2A power brick and USB cable but there’s no HDMI extension cable in this one. We think a short extension cable would be a good idea if you grab this one – we’re concerned about mini PCs that plug straight into a horizontal HDMI socket as the rigid design may put extra pressure on the HDMI socket.
We think this looks similar to the UG802 but the key feature is the price – at $63 including shipping on Aliexpress, it’s the cheapest quad-core mini PC we’ve seen so far.
If you’re after a solid computer replacement, we’d probably recommend something like an MK812A with more USB ports built in but as for quad-core processing, this CBN802 is about as low-cost as they come.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.8GHz (TBC)|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|No./type of USB ports||1 x USB2.0 host, 1 x microUSB (power)|
|HDMI form factor||Yes|
|Dimensions||102 x 40 x 9mm|
|Announce Date||July 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- T005 mini PC packs in quad-core chip with 2GB RAM
- E888 USB stick mini PC runs Android 4.2.2 with quad-core CPU
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50
- iPEGTOP dual-core mini PC with built-in Bluetooth/Wi-Fi
- QT850 mini PC with dual cores and dual antenna
- AD6333 slimline USB stick mini PC with dual-core Rockchip CPU
- MX6 mini PC runs Amlogic dual-core processor
- Kimdecent MK31, a Podoor T518-lookalike quad-core mini PC with external antenna
- MK806 mini PC gives MK802 chassis a dual-core reboot
- QT950 mini PC, a CX-919II quad-core lookalike for $60 plus shipping