The MK888 is one of just a number of models using this sloping-front TV box style chassis, along with the EKB311 and CS918. However, this new Bluetooth version has just hit the market called the MK888B.
Otherwise, it looks to be identical to the original MK888 release – powered by Rockchip’s everywhere RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9 SoC CPU, the MK888B features 2GB of RAM and 8GB of flash, preloaded with Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system.
Networking here gets a boost to now include 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, RJ45 Fast Ethernet and now Bluetooth, however, it seems it’s only Bluetooth 2.0+EDR. Still, that’s better than no Bluetooth at all. This one also comes with an external Wi-Fi antenna.
As for external connectivity, you get three USB ports, although only two of them are standard USB2.0 Type-A ports (the third is a microUSB OTG option). You also get two video output options including HDMI and composite AV, the latter through a 3.5mm TRRS (tip-ring-ring-sleeve) connector.
We’ve found this one now available on Aliexpress for $118 including shipping. At that price, it’s a little more expensive than we’ve seen for other similarly-equipped models and it would’ve been nice to see Bluetooth 4.0 here.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11b/g/n (inc. RJ45 Fast Ethernet)|
|No./type of USB ports||2 x USB2.0 host, 1 x microUSB OTG|
|HDMI form factor||v1.4|
|Dimensions||142 x 95 x 21mm|
|Announce Date||July 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- UG008B TV box mini PC delivers three-way networking for under $70
- MK819 dual-core STB mini PC sells online for $36?
- New MK821 TV box mini PC with Android 4.2.2 OS
- Low-cost CS848 delivers external Wi-Fi antenna, Rockchip CPU
- Ditter U24 STB mini PC packs in VIA SoC CPU
- New 10moons D6 dual-core TV box with Amlogic CPU
- Super-slim MK812A TV box mini PC with 2MP camera
- New CS968 STB mini PC features camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, quad-core CPU
- CS878 TV box mini PC features Infotmic chip
- Low-profile VS-ATV-102 TV box comes with dual-core Amlogic CPU