One of the more stylish-looking USB stick style mini PCs we’ve seen in recent times is this AD6333 model. It’s high-gloss two-tone casework hides Rockchip’s dual-core RK3066 SoC CPU based on ARM’s Cortex A9 architecture. It’s accompanied by 1GB of RAM but only 4GB of flash, preloaded with Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system.
Storage can be expanded by MicroSD card, up to 32GB but you only get one USB port – a Type-A host port on the end. There is a second microUSB port but that appears to be for power only. There’s no Bluetooth but it comes with what is said to be ’802.11a/b/g/n’ Wi-Fi and internal Wi-Fi antenna. Seeing 802.11a support in a mini PC is very unusual but we’ve seen multiple references to it in conjunction with this model.
The bundle includes HDMI extension cable for the HDMI v1.4 plug, USB cable and 5VDC/1A AC power adapter.
The RK3066 SoC CPU has been superseded by more power-efficient quad-core options but the RK3066 shouldn’t be underestimated – it comes with the same quad-core ARM Mali-400 MP4 graphics engine as the RK3188, so it should prove a decent option for Android gaming.
At this stage, we don’t know of any options to upgrade this to Android 4.2 and given how compact and slim the casework is on this one, we doubt overclocking would be a serious option even if it were possible.
We found this one on Aliexpress setting for $50 including shipping.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3066 dual-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|No./type of USB ports||1 x USB2.0 host, 1 x microUSB OTG|
|HDMI form factor||1.4|
|Dimensions||90 x 33 x 12mm|
|Announce Date||July 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- E888 USB stick mini PC runs Android 4.2.2 with quad-core CPU
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50
- T005 mini PC packs in quad-core chip with 2GB RAM
- Kimdecent MK31, a Podoor T518-lookalike quad-core mini PC with external antenna
- CBN802 quad-core mini PC delivers Wi-Fi, BT for $63
- MX6 mini PC runs Amlogic dual-core processor
- New Auxtek T001 TV stick mini PC hits the market
- MK806 mini PC gives MK802 chassis a dual-core reboot
- X31 mini PC matches Hi705 with quad-core CPU and built-in camera
- U26 a dual-core mini PC with Bluetooth/Wi-Fi under $50