Mini PC maker Measy has a new model starting to hit the streets in the Measy B4K and looks to be Measy’s answer to Rikomagic’s MK602.
The new model is designed to work with TVs or monitors in that it comes with a high-resolution webcam and microphone built-in the unit. The B4K is powered by Allwinner’s A31 quad-core SoC CPU, accompanied by 2GB of DDR3 RAM and 8GB of on-board flash, preloaded with Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. The storage can be expanded through MicroSD card slot, good for cards up to 32GB.
The on-board camera is a 2MP sensor and it includes a microphone so it’ll be suitable for Skype and similar applications.
The unit comes with what is said to be a Ralink 8188 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth chipset, delivering 802.11b/g Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 support. It also comes with wired networking, thanks to its RJ45 Fast Ethernet port. It has two USB2.0 Type-A ports as well as a microUSB OTG port according to Measy specifications. Video output is available through HDMI or composite AV via a 3.5mm TRRS connector.
The kit comes with power brick and remote control, however, there are other optional accessories including a screwthread base mount clamp designed to affix to a TV or monitor. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with HDMI or composite AV cables – you’ll have to supply those yourself by the looks of it.
The Measy B4K has just hit the streets for the first time with one retailer on Aliexpress selling it for $150 including shipping.
While the Allwinner A31 SoC CPU may be based on lower-performance Cortex A7 architecture (rather than Cortex A9 found in Rockchip’s RK3188 CPU), it comes with PowerVR’s SGX544 MP2 graphics engine, which should deliver quite decent gaming performance, although it remains to be seen how the relatively low 1GHz clock speed here will affect the overall application speed.
|Processor||Allwinner A31 quad-core Cortex A7|
|Clock||Up to 1GHz|
|GPU type||PowerVR SGX544 MP2|
|Operating system||Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11b/g (Ralink8188)|
|No./type of USB ports||2 x USB2.0 host, 1 x microUSB OTG|
|HDMI form factor||Yes|
|Dimensions||95 x 92 x 19.3mm|
|Announce Date||July 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- New Measy U4B firmware fixes Bluetooth issue
- Measy U4K mini PC features quad-core Allwinner CPU
- Measy U2C-D turns a TV stick mini PC into a desktop computer
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50
- QT970 TV stick features Allwinner quad-core chip, external Wi-Fi antenna
- E888 USB stick mini PC runs Android 4.2.2 with quad-core CPU
- Super-slim MK812A TV box mini PC with 2MP camera
- T005 mini PC packs in quad-core chip with 2GB RAM
- New MK888B TV box delivers Bluetooth
- CX803 TV stick mini PC delivers dual-core CPU, external antenna under $50