There are a number of iPEGTOP USB stick-style mini PCs floating around but they normally take the shape of the MK808 chassis with the miniHDMI socket rather than the full-sized HDMI plug. This one is the latter style we’ve not seen before, yet it pretty much has the same hardware as the MK808 – or Bluetooth-equipped MK808B.
Its powered by Rockchip’s original-generation RK3066 dual-core Cortex A9 SoC CPU with the standard 1GB/8GB of RAM and flash, respectively. We think this is preloaded with Android 4.2 but the specs of some resellers confused us with ‘Android 4.x’ so you may want to make sure of the ‘Jelly Bean’ nature of the operating system before you buy. The storage can be expanded via MicroSD card slot, good for up to 32GB per card.
There’s Wi-Fi in the form of 802.11b/g/n plus Bluetooth 4.0 according to retailers – but again, just make sure of the Bluetooth support as one retailer we saw called it ‘optional’. As for peripheral ports, there’s a Type-A USB port plus two microUSB ports – one for DC power, the other for OTG use.
As we said at the start, we’ve not seen this configuration of iPEGTOP mini PC before so it’s a little unusual not being the regular MK808-style chassis iPEGTOPs normally appear in. The full kit includes power brick, OTG cable and USB cable but no HDMI extension cable. We found this particular model selling for under $50, not including shipping, on Aliexpress.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3066 dual-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|No./type of USB ports||1 x USB2.0 host, 1 x microUSB OTG|
|HDMI form factor||Yes|
Try these similar stories:
- iPEGTOP Dual-core RK3066 TV stick mini PC drops below $33
- E888 USB stick mini PC runs Android 4.2.2 with quad-core CPU
- QT850 mini PC with dual cores and dual antenna
- T005 mini PC packs in quad-core chip with 2GB RAM
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50
- MK806 mini PC gives MK802 chassis a dual-core reboot
- CBN802 quad-core mini PC delivers Wi-Fi, BT for $63
- New IPPLI Mars i2 TV stick mini PC offers external removable antenna
- MX6 mini PC runs Amlogic dual-core processor
- Ditter U24 STB mini PC packs in VIA SoC CPU