The USB stick-style mini PCs keep coming with this E888 model the latest we’ve spotted.
It’s yet another powered by Rockchip’s RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9 SoC CPU but is accompanied by 2GB of DDR3 RAM and 8GB of on-board flash, preloaded with the very latest Android 4.2.2 (well, until Android 4.3 is released – possibly as soon as this week).
There’s a microSD card slot, good for up to 32GB per card. It’s also packed with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Some retailers are saying the Wi-Fi is ’5G’ so it could be dual-band 2.4/5GHz however, we’ve not been able to confirm it at this stage. Either way, this one comes with an internal Wi-Fi antenna and no option for externalising it.
There’s reasonable external port options however with one standard Type-A USB2.0 port and two microUSB OTG ports, one required for power.
Not particularly cheap, we’ve seen this one sold for $85 plus shipping on Aliexpress. For that money, you get a 5V/2A DC power adapter, a short HDMI extension cable, microUSB OTG cable and a host USB cable.
|Model||E888 Android TV Box|
|Processor||Rockchip RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.8GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11b/g/n (dual-band TBC)|
|No./type of USB ports||1 x USB2.0 host, 2 x microUSB OTG|
|HDMI form factor||v1.4|
|Dimensions||110 x 40 x 10mm|
Try these similar stories:
- Hi714 mini PC packs in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with dual-core Rockchip CPU under $50
- T005 mini PC packs in quad-core chip with 2GB RAM
- AD6333 slimline USB stick mini PC with dual-core Rockchip CPU
- MX6 mini PC runs Amlogic dual-core processor
- MK806 mini PC gives MK802 chassis a dual-core reboot
- QT850 mini PC with dual cores and dual antenna
- iPEGTOP dual-core mini PC with built-in Bluetooth/Wi-Fi
- New quad-core HG-UD7 mini PC has optional dual-band Wi-Fi
- Kimdecent MK31, a Podoor T518-lookalike quad-core mini PC with external antenna
- CBN802 quad-core mini PC delivers Wi-Fi, BT for $63