Chinese tablet brand FNF has produced a decent tablet in its FNF iFive X2, an 8.9-inch Retina-grade panel Android tablet powered by Rockchip’s RK3188 quad-core SoC CPU. Now, a new Android 4.2 ROM update has been released by FNF based on the new Rockchip SDK2.0, giving the tablet the benefit of extra speed.
The ROM update is available from Geekbuying.com’s blog site.
SDK2.0 brings a number of improvements to most RK3188-powered devices. The improvements here include:
* smooth operation with up to 60 full frames / second, improved significantly;
* improved GPU performance, run frames increased 30% to run large 3D games, reaching the advanced standard;
* Depth optimization Android4.2.2 system, fixes Google BUG, to provide a more stable system;
* Pass through android4.2.2 Google CTS certification;
* supports Miracast wireless transmission function, low-delay times;
*accelerated web browser speed by 20%, multi-web browsing smoothly;
* WebGL support for online 3D games;
* Optimized HDMI 1080P HD video playback quality;
* Optimized power management system;
* Bluetooth 4.0 support.
The iFive X2 tablet sells online for around the $200 including shipping. Geekbuying sells it for around $210.
Try these similar stories:
- New CUBE U30GT2 test ROM firmware with RK3188 SDK2.0 upgrade
- Cube U30GT2 gets new custom ROM
- ROM Roundup – PIPO M6, Ainol Novo7, Cube U30GT2 and more
- HTC One Android 4.2.2 update begins seeding for non-carrier phones
- iMito QX1 gets new stock Android 4.2.2 ROM firmware upgrade
- iFive X2 8.9-inch Android tablet with retina display launching for $165
- PIPO launches M9 Android 4.2 update ROM
- Mocreo M1 leads new low-cost Rockchip-powered Miracast dongles onto the market
- PIPO M9 gets official Android 4.2 ROM firmware update
- Tronsmart Prometheus STB gets Android 4.2.2 ROM update