Chinese telco giant Huawei has announced it will be selling its quad-core Ascend P2 smartphone through Telstra in Australia with pre-orders beginning later today before it officially goes on sale through Telstra stores on July 30.
Customers pre-ordering online before July 30 will also receive a Huawei 10-inch MediaPad Android tablet valued at $349.
The Ascend P2 features a quad-core HiSilicon K3V2 SoC CPU with its Vivante GC4000 graphics engine driving a 4.7-inch I-PS LCD touchpanel with 720×1280-pixel resolution. It comes preloaded with Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. However, unlike most phones these days, this one does not include a MicroSD card slot, so the 16GB of on-board storage is all you get.
Apart from its LTE-Cat.4 coverage on Telstra’s 4G network, the phone also has the standard 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 personal wireless networking as well.
According to Huawei, phone buyers will be able to purchase the Ascend P2 for $0 upfront on a $60 Telstra Everyday Connect plan for 24-months, which includes $600 worth of phone calls but only 1GB of data. If you want the phone outright without contract, Telstra stores will be selling it from July 30 for $504.
|Model||Huawei Ascend P2|
|Clock||Up to 1.5GHz|
|GPU type||Vivante GC4000|
|Screen size (inches)||4.7|
|Screen resolution||720 x 1280 pixels|
|Screen type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen|
|Operating system||Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|Internal storage||16 GB|
|Battery type||2420mAh Li-Ion|
|- standby time||Up to 310 hours|
|- talk time||Not available|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11 b/g/n|
|Bluetooth||v4.0 with A2DP|
|2G coverage (MHz)||850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900|
|3G coverage (MHz)||900 / 2100|
|4G coverage (MHz)||LTE-Cat.4|
|Rear camera||13 MP (4032 x 3224 pixels) with autofocus|
|Front camera||1.3 MP|
|Video recording||Up to 1080p@30fps|
|Dimensions||136.2 x 66.7 x 8.4 mm|
|Announce Date||February 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Huawei Ascend P6 lands in Australia July 15
- Phones compared – Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 vs Huawei Ascend Mate
- New Huawei Ascend P6 smartphone is just 6.2mm thick
- Huawei Ascend P2 smartphone features K3V2 quad-core CPU
- Specifications – Huawei Ascend Y300 smartphone
- Huawei to launch 8-core K3V3 CPU later this year
- Huawei MediaPad 7 Vogue delivers 3G and quad-core CPU
- HTC announces new quad-core Butterfly s smartphone
- XOLO Q600 goes on sale in India for under Rs9,000
- ZTE Open, first commercial Firefox OS smartphone onsale tomorrow