While this one features both VGA video output and front-facing 2MP camera with microphone (ideal for Skype?), you probably don’t want to get too excited over this one – it comes with just a single-core Allwinner A10 Cortex A8 CPU, accompanied by 1GB of RAM and 8GB of flash, preloaded with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system.
It’s an unusual model in that it also comes with a 3D mounting bracket, allowing you to sit it at almost any angle. Like most TV box-style mini PCs we’re seeing of late, this one only comes two USB2.0 host ports, but you also get an SD card slot, good for 32GB per card.
Where this model does win is its video output options – with HDMI and composite AV accompanying the VGA port, you won’t find a mini PC with more video outputs. It also has optical S/PDIF digital audio output as well.
The Allwinner A10 SoC CPU is the same chip used in many of the original first-generation mini PCs like the MK802, so while it would be quite suited to basic video playback/TV-based applications, it’ll perform like a 2012-era mini PC. Still, mini PCs with camera and VGA port are rare so if this suits your needs, the only real problem is the single-core SoC CPU.
You’ll find it for around the $110 mark from various retailers on Aliexpress.
|Processor||Allwinner A10 single-core Cortex A8|
|Clock||Up to 1GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400|
|Operating system||Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)|
|External storage||SD, up to 32GB|
|No./type of USB ports||2 x USB2.0 Host|
|HDMI form factor||Yes (incl. VGA and composite AV outputs)|
|Dimensions||160 x 112 x 29mm|
Try these similar stories:
- MOKO M3-T2 TV box mini PC with digital TV tuner for $85
- MeLE M8 quad-core STB mini PC discounted for limited time
- GV11D TV box gets dual-core CPU, camera and Android 4.2.2
- Sceptre SoundBar SB301524W combines speakers with mini PC
- Dual-core Cubieboard2 mini PC arrives for $US59, shipping
- Power your mini PC or TV stick from two AA batteries
- Ditter U24 STB mini PC packs in VIA SoC CPU
- Measy U2C-D turns a TV stick mini PC into a desktop computer
- Q&A: Is there an Android 4.2 ROM for the MK802?
- SRT-M10 mini PC features camera, mic and dual-core NuFront SoC CPU