The new model will feature a full HD (1920×1080-pixel) I-PS panel inside its 6.5-inch chassis and be powered by MediaTek’s increasingly popular quad-core MTK6589T Cortex A7 SoC CPU. It’ll feature 1GB of RAM and 16GB of on-board flash, preloaded with Android 4.2. Thanks to an on-board MicroSD card slot, you’ll be able to expand the storage up to 32GB per card.
It looks as though this will also be one of the richest options for photography with a 5MP image sensor on the front augmented by an even larger 13MP sensor on the back for what should hopefully be some decent shots.
The downside is that wireless connectivity isn’t that’s great with only 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, but it’ll also include Bluetooth, although there’s no word on which version it supports.
The internal battery is a decent 3100mAh Lithium-ion type but again, Ulefone only gives the scarcest of details, saying it’ll last ’2-3 days’ in standby mode. While it’ll measure 177x90x9.7mm, it won’t be exactly light, tipping the scales at 285grams.
Still, it’ll be one of the cheapest FHD phones on the market with Geekbuying.com selling it for $305 online.
|Processor||MediaTek MTK6589T quad-core Cortex A7|
|Clock||Up to 1.5GHz|
|GPU type||PowerVR SGX544|
|Screen size (inches)||6.5|
|Operating system||Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Battery type||3100mAh Lithium-ion|
|- standby time||Up to TBA|
|- talk time||Up to TBA|
|2G coverage (MHz)||850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900|
|3G coverage (MHz)||850 / 2100|
|4G coverage (MHz)||N/A|
|Video recording||Up to 1080p@30fps|
|Dimensions||177 x 90.7 x 9.7mm|
|Announce Date||July 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Tronsmart TS7 HD quad-core smartphone coming for $165
- New quad-core CUBE U39GT packs in 1920×1080 I-PS screen
- LG Optimus F7 packs in Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus CPU
- XOLO Q600 goes on sale in India for under Rs9,000
- Nokia Lumia 625 officially announced tomorrow, get the specs now
- Specifications – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 tablet
- New Huawei Ascend P6 smartphone is just 6.2mm thick
- Specifications – Xolo X1000 smartphone
- HTC One Mini gets dual-core Snapdragon 400 chip
- LG G2 packs in 1080p screen with fast Snapdragon 800 CPU