You’d have to think ARM CPU maker Rockchip is rolling in it at the moment, given the number of products lining up to take one of its chips. Chinese brand
IPCC GIEC is another reportedly about to do so, grabbing the popular RK3188 quad-core SoC for its new IPCC GIEC GK-MP1303A TV box mini PC.
The compact new model will take the Rockchip quad-core CPU and couple it with 2GB of RAM and a choice of 4GB or 8GB on-board flash, preloaded with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
TV box-style mini PCs are starting to take over in popularity – they may be larger than the USB stick-style models but they come with more peripheral ports and its these ports that most of us need.
IPCC GIEC GK-MP1303A has a decent list here with three USB2.0 ports plus an SD card reader to handle peripheral devices from keyboard and mouse to bulk storage.
As for networking, Androidpc.es says it comes with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and RJ45 wired Ethernet, but looking at what little information IPCC provides, we can’t see an RJ45 port listed so that one needs further investigation. However, as is common with most TV box style mini PCs, you get HDMI 1.4, optical digital audio output and composite-AV, which is a decent mix.
At this stage, we don’t know any more about it but the external Wi-Fi antenna is a nice add. There are no details yet on pricing or availability but we’ll bring them to you when they’re made available.
The RK3188 SoC CPU is a quad-core design based on ARM’s Cortex A9 technology, but manufactured at a more power-efficient 28-nanometre scale and includes ARM’s Mali-400 MP4 quad-core graphics engine for gaming and graphics-intensive applications.
Try these similar stories:
- MOKO M3-T2 TV box mini PC with digital TV tuner for $85
- Jesurun A19 Android TV box packs in VGA, SATA HDD bay for $80
- Compact V482 STB mini PC delivers Wi-Fi, Ethernet, composite AV
- CS878 TV box mini PC features Infotmic chip
- Hi720 TV box mini PC packs in quad-core CPU, external Wi-Fi antenna
- New MK908 mini TV stick features RK3188 quad-core CPU
- Ditter U24 STB mini PC packs in VIA SoC CPU
- New quad-core DM918 mini PC has double Wi-Fi antenna
- Low-cost CS848 delivers external Wi-Fi antenna, Rockchip CPU
- New CS968 STB mini PC features camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, quad-core CPU