Tronsmart is the latest mini PC brand to bring OTA updates to its devices with a new MK908 ROM firmware.
Unfortunately, the firmware isn’t based on Rockchip’s new SDK2.0 that’s getting praise for delivering some extra performance gains, but it means MK908 owners will be able to get future updates automatically rather than having to flash a ROM. (So think of this as the last time you’ll need to do it – unless of course, you wish to try some of the custom ROMs floating around).
The good news is that there are 720p and 1080p ROMs for the MK908 this time, so choose the option you’d prefer – the 720p ROM will give you more speed but won’t look as good as the 1080p ROM.
You can download them directly from the Geekbuying.com blog site.
The MK908 is one of a number of mini PCs built into the original MK808 chassis but powered by Rockchip’s popular new RK3188 quad-core SoC CPU. It comes with 2GB of RAM, 8GB of flash on-board. It also includes 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi but unlike more recent models, does not include an external Wi-Fi antenna.
You can pick up the MK908 from various retailers for around the $75-80 mark.
Try these similar stories:
- New official CX-919 ROM update fixes ‘blank internal flash’
- Q&A: How do I fix scrambled Netflix on my MK808 mini PC?
- ROM Roundup – New releases for CS868, MK802IV
- Rikomagic MK802IV, clones get new 1080p ROM firmware
- ROM Roundup – new Jelly Bean firmware updates for CUBE U30GT1, U30GT2 and Hyundai T7S
- Tronsmart MK908 gets new Android 4.2 ROM, fixes bugs
- New CUBE U30GT2 test ROM firmware with RK3188 SDK2.0 upgrade
- Android 4.2 ROM update coming for CX919 mini PC
- ROM Roundup – PIPO M6, Ainol Novo7, Cube U30GT2 and more
- New Measy U4B firmware fixes Bluetooth issue