The new MK808C is powered by Allwinner’s low-cost A20 dual-core Cortex A7 SoC CPU. But while it comes in the oft-used MK808 chassis, this one includes a composite video/analog audio output via standard 3.5mm TRRS (tip-ring-ring-sleeve) connector (you can see it just below the miniUSB OTG port on the right).
It’s already available on Aliexpress now for just $US48 including shipping. However, we’re uncertain as to whether it officially supports Bluetooth or not (yes, it’s mentioned in the Aliexpress ad but we’ve not seen it written anywhere else so if you must have Bluetooth, check before you buy).
It comes with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and has all the usual MK808-style features – USB OTG and USB HOST ports, MicroSD card slot for up to 32GB of extra storage per card. As androidpc.es points out, the nice extra is that it comes with the AV composite cable to connect it straight into a composite-video input device or TV.
The Allwinner A20 CPU won’t compete with the likes of Rockchip’s quad-core RK3188 SoC for sheer speed, but the MK808C is the cheapest price we’ve seen for a dual-core mini PC with composite video out and that alone makes it well worth a look in our book.
|Processor||Allwinner A20 dual-core Cortex A7|
|Clock||Up to 1GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP2 dual-core|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|No./type of USB ports||Two|
|HDMI form factor||HDMI v1.4|
|Announce Date||July 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- A20 mini PC combines Allwinner A20 CPU with Android 4.2.2 OS
- New S18H-3D TV box mini PC with HD camera and VGA output
- GV11D TV box gets dual-core CPU, camera and Android 4.2.2
- CS878 TV box mini PC features Infotmic chip
- CS838, an EM6 mini PC look-alike with dual-core CPU, four USB ports
- Semitime QT900 a quad-core mini PC with built-in webcam, mic
- Reko QT800 mini PC powered by Allwinner A20 CPU
- MeLE M3 STB mini PC comes with three video output options
- Jesurun A19 Android TV box packs in VGA, SATA HDD bay for $80
- Ditter U24 STB mini PC packs in VIA SoC CPU