The EKB311 looks pretty much like the Kingnovel K-R42 with its swept, low-profile chassis. It looks to have mostly the same hardware as well, starting with Rockchip’s everywhere RK3188 quad-core SoC CPU. It comes bundled with 2GB of RAM and 8GB of on-board flash, but you can expand that via MicroSD card slot, up to at least another 32GB per card. There are also two USB2.0 ports to add in external drives.
Like most TV box style mini PCs, you get your choice of networking with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and RJ45 Ethernet port on the back. There’s even an external Wi-Fi antenna to improve signal quality. You’ll also find HDMI v1.4 output plus S/PDIF digital audio out as well.
The good news is its loaded with the latest Android 4.2.2 operating system ready to run. Even better news is the price – the Eny Technology EKB311 is selling on AliExpress for just $90 including shipping, although according to Androidpc.es, it won’t be available for a couple of weeks. The Aliexpress price is about $20 more than you’d pay for a quad-core TV stick style mini PC but sometimes ‘tiny’ isn’t always the best form factor.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to unspecified (<=1.6GHz)|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11b/g/n (& RJ45 Ethernet)|
|No./type of USB ports||Two USB2.0|
|HDMI form factor||v1.4|
|Announce Date||June 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- MK888 follows EKB111, CS918, K-R42 with quad-core TV box
- MeLE M8 quad-core STB mini PC discounted for limited time
- CX-921 TV box mini PC features RK3188 quad-core CPU for $69
- CS838, an EM6 mini PC look-alike with dual-core CPU, four USB ports
- Super-slim MK812A TV box mini PC with 2MP camera
- UG008B TV box mini PC delivers three-way networking for under $70
- New MK888B TV box delivers Bluetooth
- New Pandora Smart TV Box mini PC offers four USB ports
- Low-cost CS848 delivers external Wi-Fi antenna, Rockchip CPU
- Rikomagic MK602 combines camera, microphone with Rockchip CPU