We’ve seen a few more stock ROM firmware options appear this week, mostly for devices powered by Rockchip’s RK3188 quad-core SoC CPU.
* PIPO M6-3G - This tablet features a Retina-grade 2048×1536-pixel resolution and now gets an official SDK2.0 firmware update, which is based on Android 4.2.2. Improvements include better frame rates for the touchscreen panel plus 30% better performance from Android games. There’s also faster Miracast connection support, 20% faster web browsing and new WebGL support in the bundled browser. You can grab the firmware and installation instructions from the Geekbuying.com blog page.
* CUBE U30GT2 - This popular tablet has had one basic problem for most users – and that’s its default Chinese-language setting on the Android operating system. Well, a new English-set ROM firmware has been released to fix that particular issue. That said, it doesn’t appear to add in any other features. Still, if you need to often reset the device, at least English-language users won’t need to find their way through Android settings to fix it. Again, download and installation instructions from here.
* Ainol Novo7 Crystal – Ainol makes budget tablets, of which, the Novo7 is amongst the cheapest. It initially sold with Jelly Bean (4.1) and now that ROM has been released. The Crystal runs ActionSemi’s ATM7029 quad-core SoC CPU with 1.2GHz clock speed. You can grab the ROM from here.
* Yuandao Window Mini One – You’d think Yuandao would be hearing from Microsoft lawyers with a brand-name like ‘Window’ but anyway… It has released a new stock firmware for this iPad mini-like Android tablet that fixes a few bugs including speaker noise when the tablet is supposed to be in sleep mode. You can grab the firmware and instructions from Geekbuying.com.’s blog page.
Try these similar stories:
- Ainol Novo 10 Eternal tablet delivers 12-15 hours battery life
- ROM Roundup – new Jelly Bean firmware updates for CUBE U30GT1, U30GT2 and Hyundai T7S
- ROM Roundup – New releases for CS868, MK802IV
- PIPO M9 gets official Android 4.2 ROM firmware update
- New official CX-919 ROM update fixes ‘blank internal flash’
- New CUBE U30GT2 test ROM firmware with RK3188 SDK2.0 upgrade
- Rikomagic MK802IV, clones get new 1080p ROM firmware
- ROM Roundup – new ROM releases for Hyundai T7, Measy U4B, CX-919, iMito QX1
- Ainol launches budget $65 Novo7 7-inch tablet
- Chuwi V88 gets Android 4.2 ROM firmware update