It’s understandable with the TV stick style models, but not entirely. The VGA socket isn’t that big but its use would enable running these devices on the millions of left-over LCD monitors that are building around the globe.
We think it’s also a good way to build some differentiation into these devices, which have started to get a bit ‘same same’ in the last few months.
So the question is which mini PCs on the market at the moment include a VGA port?
Here’s our list so far:
* MeLE A1000-series - all of these set-top-box style mini PCs include VGA and HDMI so you get the choice of which to use, powered by Allwinner’s A31 quad-core SoC CPU.
* Cubietruck - this dual-core Allwinner A20 PC-on-a-board is on the way and will feature both VGA and HDMI. No pricing at this stage.
* Focuswill Coolship - this one is a throwback to the Commodore C64 days, packing in a mini PC into a AT-style keyboard. It’s powered by Rockchip’s RK3066 dual-core CPU and definitely an unusual design.
* Gaiyee TVB103 - One of the more powerful mini PCs around, this one gets going with Rockchip’s quad-core RK3188 SoC CPU with quad-core Mali-400 MP4 graphics GPU.
If you know of others, please let us know in the comments section below.
Try these similar stories:
- FocusWill Coolship keyboard computer now shipping
- Cubietruck delivers dual-core mini PC with VGA, HDMI output
- Chuwi readies new V88s and V8s quad-core tablets
- Reko QT800 mini PC powered by Allwinner A20 CPU
- QT970 TV stick features Allwinner quad-core chip, external Wi-Fi antenna
- MK806 mini PC gives MK802 chassis a dual-core reboot
- MeLE M8 quad-core STB mini PC discounted for limited time
- Allwinner A23 dual-core SoC CPU can run at 1.5GHz
- Quad-core QC802 mini PC now available for $65
- MK808C TV stick debuts with dual-core CPU and composite AV output