HKC is stepping up to the plate again with a new device expected to hit the market over the coming days. You’ll find a decent mix of functionality inside the HKC Q79A, including a I-PS-type panel, measuring 7.9 inches with 1024×768 resolution.
Other major features include a 1.3GHz ActionSemi ATM7029 quad-core chip, while gaming on that 7.9-inch display is powered by the ATM7029′s integrated Vivante GC1000 graphics core.
On its own, the GC1000 is now a fairly basic graphics solution, a dual-core option that in default mode delivers a geometry rate only 50Mtriangulations per second (50MTri/sec). That is faster than the Mali-400′s 44MTri/sec but well down on the PowerVG SGX544′s 70MTri/sec and the Vivante’s GC2000 rate of 100MTri/sec.
You get on-board storage, taken care of by 16GB of flash while MicroSD, up to 32GB, will deliver external space to load in whatever you want. It features Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system to run your apps and keep things busy. Peripheral connectivity is covered by a lone USB port, ready for external devices, while a miniHDMI port is included to connect up to your big-screen TV. While there’s no Bluetooth available, if you need wireless connectivity, you get 802.11b/g/n to work with.
You can capture still images via the 2MP camera on the back of the device or simply use the front-facing VGA camera for personal shots. You can also capture video with the device at up to 720p (1280×720-pixel).
The HKC Q79A weights in at 290grams and has external dimensions of 200 x 137 x 7.2mm. The product was announced back in June 2013.
NOTE: All specifications are subject to change and may not be correct at time of purchase. Please check before you buy any device that it meets your expectations and requirements.
|Processor||ActionSemi ATM7029 quad-core|
|Clock||Up to 1.3GHz|
|GPU type||Vivante GC1000 dual-core|
|Screen size (inches)||7.9|
|Operating system||Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Battery type||4000mAh Lithium-polymer|
|Video recording||Up to 720p (1280×720-pixel)|
|Dimensions||200 x 137 x 7.2mm|
|Announce Date||June 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Sony Xperia C to feature Mediatek quad-core CPU
- ICOO ICOU8GS delivers iPad mini-like screen with quad-core CPU for $US165
- Huawei MediaPad 7 Vogue delivers 3G and quad-core CPU
- ICOO ICOU7LP 7-inch tablet has more resolution than iPad mini
- KNC MD706 dual-core tablet selling for Y399 ($65)
- LG Optimus L4 II Dual 445 phone lands in India under Rs10,000
- Specifications – Samsung Galaxy W SM-T255 smartphone
- New CUBE U35GT2 8-inch quad-core tablet arrives with I-PS screen
- [UPDATED] Samsung announces Galaxy Ace 3 smartphone
- Specifications – LG Optimus F3 LS720 smartphone