This is a little sooner than we expected to release another ‘ROM Roundup’ but we thought this one couldn’t wait.
Geekbuying.com has released two new ROMs for the popular Bluetooth-ready MK802IIIS dual-core mini PC.
The first is the official Android 4.2 ROM for these device, the second is a more interesting custom ROM, based on Android 4.2.2.
You can grab both ROMs here, plus instructions on how to setup and flash the device.
What makes the custom option worth the look is a list of nice extras:
* 1 GB for Apps
* 6 GB for Data
* root access
* YouTube app
* Ultra Explorer
* New Slim Launcher for TV Screens
* Stock Launchers
* Init.d Support
The MK802IIIS was the second Rikomagic release to feature Rockchip’s popular first-generation RK3066 dual-core SoC CPU and the first to incorporate Bluetooth. It has since been superseded by models featuring quad-core CPUs such as Allwinner’s A31 and Rockchip’s RK3188.
Try these similar stories:
- J22 mini PC stock Android 4.2.2 ROM arrives
- New Rikomagic MK802 IIIS ROM (130722) update adds 5.1-audio output, Android 4.2.2
- New Android 4.2.2 ROM for MK908 mini PC
- CX-919 gets new Finless 4.1.1 ROM, 4.2.2 coming soon
- New Finless ROM 1.5 for MINIX NEO X7 STB mini PC
- New Finless 1.4 (Android 4.2.2) ROM for CX-919 released
- ROM Roundup – New releases for CS868, MK802IV
- Cube U30GT2 gets new custom ROM
- Q&A – What are the best ROMs for the MK808 mini PC?
- New official CX-919 ROM update fixes ‘blank internal flash’