Tronsmart’s Prometheus set-top box (STB) unit features the dual-core Amlogic AM8726-M6 Cortex A9 processor with 1GB of RAM and 4GB of on-board flash.
The new ROM provides Android 4.2.2 plus an array of extra apps including the popular XBMC for Android media centre.
According to the change log, the new ROM features improved IR remote, Miracast, DLNA support plus remote control and XBMC apks.
You can download the ROM from the geekbuying.com blog website, which also includes instructions on how to load the ROM.
The Prometheus is loaded with five USB2.0 HighSpeed ports (three on the outside, two on the inside) and an SD card reader. It also has good connectivity with Ethernet RJ45 port along side 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. Video output is either through the HDMI port or through its composite video output option.
The STB was originally sold with Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system; this new firmware update takes it up to the latest Jelly Bean release – 4.2.2.
The AM8726-m6 dual-core CPU features the dual-core Mali-400 MP2 graphics core and usually has a top clock rate of 1.5GHz.
The Tronsmart Prometheus is listed on Amazon.com from geekbuying for around $US106.
Try these similar stories:
- Low-profile VS-ATV-102 TV box comes with dual-core Amlogic CPU
- CS928 mini PC runs Amlogic dual-core CPU, has composite AV output
- Webcam mini PCs – MK602 or MK818
- Jesurun A19 Android TV box packs in VGA, SATA HDD bay for $80
- JW-11 STB mini PC includes internal 2.5-inch drive bay
- CS838, an EM6 mini PC look-alike with dual-core CPU, four USB ports
- Ditter U24 STB mini PC packs in VIA SoC CPU
- Zoomtak M6 mini PC delivers coax digital audio, dual video output
- New CS968 STB mini PC features camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, quad-core CPU
- MeLE M3 STB mini PC comes with three video output options