It’s the first Intel ultrabook that will make Apple MacBook Air owners wish they’d waited.
Samsung has released what is the highest-screen-resolution laptop currently available in its brand-spanking-new ATIV Book 9 Plus.
Part of Samsung’s new Intel Haswell CPU-powered range, the ATIV Book 9 Plus houses a massively detailed 3200 x 1800-pixel touchscreen display (apparently its called QHD+ – no, we didn’t know either), powered by Windows 8 (not Windows Blue yet unfortunately) and Intel’s new Haswell-grade Core i5 and i7 processors.
It features Intel’s slightly-uprated HD 4400 intergrated graphics, along with as much as 8GB of RAM and 256GB solid-state drive (SSD). The webcam built into the frame offers up to 720p video recording and Samsung is claiming the same battery life mark as Apple in its recent Haswell-powered Air release – 12 hours.
The 13.3-inch chassis weighs in at 1.39kgs – or about as much as an old 10.1-inch netbook so given the features, size and battery life, 1.39kgs is an impressive effort.
Samsung says its boots from cold in six seconds and wakes from sleep in under a second. It also includes Samsung’s SideSync technology to make it faster to sync between your ATIV Book and your Galaxy smartphone (nice bit of cross-promotion there).
No pricing at this stage or details on launch in other countries but we’d expect it to be within the next couple of months at the latest.
Samsung won’t want to be sitting on too many of these if they can help it.
|Category||Details||ATIV Book 9 PLUS|
|Resolution||3200 X 1800(Touch screen)|
|Processor||Core i5/i7 ULT|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 4400|
|Storage||Up to 256GB SSD|
|Battery Life||Battery Life||12hours|
|I/O Ports||USB Ports||2xUSB 3.0, micro HDMI, mini VGA, RJ45(Dongle), SD, HP/Mic,Slim Security Lock|
Try these similar stories:
- Ultrabook shootout – Samsung ATIV Book 9 PLUS vs Apple 13-inch MacBook Air
- Samsung ATIV Q runs Android and Windows at the same time
- Microsoft to sell 256GB Surface Pro tablet in Japan
- Japan to see new Lenovo IdeaPad S210 touchscreen notebook
- Acer Aspire P3 ultrabook/tablet combo isn’t Haswell
- Apple loads Haswell CPU, USB3.0 into new MacBook Air notebooks
- New Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablet to use Intel Atom CPU
- AMD launches eight-core 5GHz enthusiast FX-9590 CPU
- Inctel IN-I160C X86 mini PC goes for $94 plus shipping
- Acer Aspire R7 delivers four viewing modes but Ivy Bridge CPU