Dubbed the Butterfly S, the new phone will be faster than the popular HTC One, thanks to its 1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor. Like most top-drawer models, it’ll come with 2GB of RAM and this one will feature 16GB of on-board storage, expandable through its MicroSD card slot.
According to engadget, the phone will come with a sizeable 3200mAh Lithium-ion battery, which is big, even for a 5-inch phone. That 5-inch panel also comes with full HD (1920×1080-pixel) resolution driven by the Snapdragon’s Adreno 320 graphics core. Like most flagship phones, it’ll have quad-band coverage and this one will come with HTC’s Sense 5 base-level software.
Compared with the original Butterfly smartphone released at the beginning of the year, this version gets a faster CPU (1.9GHz Snapdragon 600 vs 1.5GHz Snapdragon) and a battery that has nearly 60% more capacity to compensate. What we don’t yet is the new model’s weight and whether it’s heavier by the same proportion.
HTC is expecting the Butterfly s to arrive in-store in Taiwan by July for NT22,900 (approx. $US760). Although there is no official word yet on overseas launches, it’s rumoured the phone will arrive in Europe during the latter part of the northern summer.
|Model||HTC Butterfly s|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 600|
|Clock||Up to 1.9GHz|
|GPU type||Adreno 320|
|Screen size (inches)||5.0|
|Operating system||Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|Battery type||3200mAh Lithium-ion|
|- standby time||Up to TBA|
|- talk time||Up to TBA|
|2G coverage (MHz)||quad-band|
|3G coverage (MHz)||quad-band|
|4G coverage (MHz)||TBA|
|Announce Date||June 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Smartphone shootout – HTC Butterfly vs HTC Butterfly s
- Specifications – HTC Butterfly S smartphone
- Sprint announces new HTC 8XT smartphone this summer
- HTC Butterfly S gets BoomSound bonus
- Specifications – HTC Butterfly smartphone
- ZTE Open, first commercial Firefox OS smartphone onsale tomorrow
- Nokia Lumia 625 officially announced tomorrow, get the specs now
- Nokia Lumia 925 goes on pre-order sale at Optus
- HTC Desire 500 on its way to the UK, possibly other markets
- Xolo A500 smartphone now selling in India for under Rs6,000