Indian telco Swipe Telecom has been busy in recent times and has just announced a new 6-inch maxi smartphone.
The new MTV Volt 1000 features a 6.0-inch LCD panel but only includes a moderate 854×480-pixel resolution, powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core MediaTek processor. It comes with 1GB of RAM, 4GB of on-board flash storage, plus a MicroSD card slot for another 32GB for your files.
You’ll find two cameras on board this one – a basic 1.3MP camera on the front but a decent 8MP image sensor on the back taking the high-quality photos. It’s Bluetooth 4.0-ready and includes USB2.0 plus Wi-Fi (although no details on which standards are supported).
The battery is a large 2820mAh Lithium-ion type, which it will need to be to keep that huge screen lit up.
But as techtree points out, the screen quality on this one will be the question – trying to spread 854×480-pixels across such as large screen area will go a long way to making it difficult for this screen to match others like it. On basic specs, it certainly won’t come close to matching Samsung’s Galaxy Mega on any of the mainstream major offerings at this size. Large screens are great but to offer maximum detail, you need more resolution. We’d be looking for 1280×720-pixels for a start.
Swipe is selling the MTV Volt 1000 for Rs11,999.
Try these similar stories:
- Is there a fundamental problem with 7-inch Windows 8 tablets?
- Android 4.x hits 59% market share in May 2013
- Specifications – Motorola DROID Ultra
- HTC Desire U goes pre-order in India for Rs13,500
- Micromax A89 Ninja now selling for under Rs6000
- PIPO U6 7-inch tablet sports 1440×900-pixel resolution
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra: the 6.4-inch Snapdragon 800 rocket
- Specifications – HTC One SV smartphone
- Specifications – Sony Xperia V smartphone
- Specifications – Motorola DROID Maxx