Inside the Haipai I9389, there’s a 1.2GHz MediaTek MT6589 quad-core processor and 1GB of RAM to get things going. Given the price Haipai is able to sell this phone for, the MT6589 must continue to be one of the cheapest full-function phone SoC CPUs still available.
The 4.7-inch capacitive multi-touch panel delivers a reasonably basic 854×480-pixel resolution, which is driven by the PowerVR SGX544 graphics core inside that MediaTek chip and should be good enough to provide some decent gaming.
A 4GB cache of internal flash delivers your on-board storage, but you also get MicroSD, up to 32GB, to provide bulk space outside of the device. You get the latest version of Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) to run your favourite apps and for power, a 2200mAh Lithium-ion-type battery. Unfortunately, we don’t have any standby or talk times for this unit yet.
Looking at on-board wireless options, personal connectivity comes by way of Bluetooth 3.0 and there’s Wi-Fi in the form of 802.11b/g available inside. Multi-network support over 2G is handled through the device’s 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz band coverage while for 3G networks, the bands covered are 850 / 2100MHz.
The device delivers high-quality photos, thanks to its 8MP image sensor on the back and you get a simpler 2MP camera on the front.
The Haipai I9389 lands on the scales with a surprisingly light 120g and measures 137 x 71 x 9.5. Haipai announced this new model back in June 2013 and it’s available on line for under $US150 from a number of online retailers.
NOTE: All specifications are subject to change and may not be correct at time of purchase. Please check before you buy any device that it meets your expectations and requirements.
|Processor||MediaTek MTK6589 quad-core|
|Clock||Up to 1.2GHz|
|GPU type||PowerVR SGX544|
|Screen size (inches)||4.7|
|Screen type||capacitive multi-touch|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Battery type||2200mAh Lithium-ion|
|- standby time||TBA|
|- talk time||TBA|
|2G coverage (MHz)||850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900|
|3G coverage (MHz)||850 / 2100|
|Dimensions||137 x 71 x 9.5|
|Announce Date||June 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Sony Xperia C to feature Mediatek quad-core CPU
- Zopo C3 packs in 5-inch FHD screen, quad-core CPU for under $300
- LG Optimus L4 II Dual 445 phone lands in India under Rs10,000
- Tronsmart TS7 HD quad-core smartphone coming for $165
- KNC MD1008 10.1-inch dual-core tablet arrives on the market
- Specifications – Acer Liquid S1 smartphone
- New quad-core Ulefone U650 packs in 1080p I-PS screen for $305
- Specifications – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5220 tablet
- Specifications – Asus Fonepad Note FHD6 smartphone/tablet
- Specifications – Xolo X1000 smartphone