There are plenty of budget Allwinner A13 MID 7-inch tablets being sold at the moment for under $70 – we have one and it’s not much to write home about.
The new IPPO Y88 looks to be packed into the same chassis as many of the cheaper, smaller models but if your budget won’t go past $US65, there’s potentially more value here that might make it worth a look.
The Y88 is a 7-inch tablet with 1024×600-pixel resolution in an I-PS panel, which for the crazy low price isn’t a bad start. It does get better – Infotmic isn’t a household name in the tablet CPU market but its IMAPx820 dual-core Cortex A5 processor gets a run here, clocking in at 1.2GHz. ARM’s Mali400 MP2 dual-core graphics engine should provide some passable basic gaming too.
However, it only comes with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of on-board flash. You can expand the storage up to 32GB via MicroSD card but the RAM will likely be barely enough for the Android 4.1 operating system.
There’s no Bluetooth here but you do get 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi to cover wireless. While the CPU won’t set speed records, the Y88 won’t set endurance records either – not with only an 1800mAh Lithium-ion battery. Still, again, the price is low enough to make it worth a look.
The IPPO Y88 measures 182 x 122 x 10mm and has a comfortable weight at 227g. It was announced back in June 2013.
Keep your expectations modest is probably our best tip at this price.
NOTE: All specifications are subject to change and may not be correct at time of purchase. Please check before you buy any device that it meets your expectations and requirements.
|Processor||Infotmic IMAPx820 dual-core Cortex A5|
|Clock||Up to 1.2GHz|
|GPU type||ARM Mali-400 MP2|
|Screen size (inches)||7.0|
|Operating system||Android 4.1|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Battery type||3.7V/1800mAh Lithium-ion|
|Dimensions||182 x 122 x 10mm|
|Announce Date||June 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- CS878 TV box mini PC features Infotmic chip
- KNC MD706 dual-core tablet selling for Y399 ($65)
- ICOO ICOU7LP 7-inch tablet has more resolution than iPad mini
- VIA V7 the latest $65 Android dual-core tablet
- Specifications – Chuwi V88s 7.9-inch quad-core tablet
- Specifications – Chuwi V8s 8-inch quad-core tablet
- New CUBE U25GT dual-core 7-inch tablet, only Y339 ($57)
- New CUBE U35GT2 8-inch quad-core tablet arrives with I-PS screen
- AllFine Fine7 Genius does quad-core tablet for just Y399 $(US65)
- ICOO ICOU8GS delivers iPad mini-like screen with quad-core CPU for $US165