There’s plenty of discussion around at the moment about the possibility of seeing major-brands dipping below the US$100 mark for 7-inch quad-core Android tablets. So far, ‘Q3 2013′ or in other words, the September quarter this year, is one time frame being thrown around.
If it happens, it’s something the market has been working up to for some time. We’ve had the likes of Google with its Nexus 7 tablet doing a roaring trade with its $199 price point for the better part of a year or so, but even that’s been punished further with the likes of Acer’s Iconia B1 when it arrived at $US149. More recently, it’s been the $US129-priced ASUS MeMo Pad 7 and now the $149 HD model with its quad-core Cortex A7 processor.
With the number of good low-cost quad-core CPU options coming out of China, there’s little doubt you’ll be seeing – at least in some markets – a quad-core 7-inch tablet from a major brand for around $99 by the end of the year.
But if you’re ready to forego the brand-name, you can actually buy one right now.
Chinese brand Ainol already has a quad-core 7-inch Android tablet available on eBay for around $US95. The Ainol Novo 7 features ActionSemi’s ATM7029 1GHz quad-core SoC CPU, Android 4.1.1 operating system, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of flash plus HDMI on-board.
And if resellers are offering $US95 prices on eBay, you can be sure they’ll be available elsewhere too.
So if you’re waiting for prices to drop below $US100, they already have!
Try these similar stories:
- Ainol launches budget $65 Novo7 7-inch tablet
- Ainol Novo 10 Eternal tablet delivers 12-15 hours battery life
- New budget 10-inch tablet to come from Acer
- Q&A: When will we see mini PCs with ARM A12 chips?
- Sub-$100 tablet shipments to hit 100million in 2013
- ROM Roundup – PIPO M6, Ainol Novo7, Cube U30GT2 and more
- It’s official – Netflix coming to The Netherlands in ‘late 2013′
- H9 quad-core RK3188 mini PC on eBay for $69, free shipping
- Google Nexus 4 drops start price to $199 in US, $249 in Australia
- Dell gives the XPS 12 convertible the ‘Haswell’ treatment