With Amazon bringing its name in a rebadge of its Indian operation last month, the devices are now showing on the Indian website.
The 7-inch version of the Kindle Fire HD will go on sale for Rs15,999 while the larger 8.9-inch variant will receive a price tag of Rs21,999.
The 7-inch model includes a 1280×800-pixel resolution panel, 1.2GHz dual-core processor and either 16 or 32GB of storage (the 16GB version is Rs15,999, the 32GB option goes for Rs18,999). It’s loaded with Wi-Fi options including 802.11a/b/g/n and has a claimed 11-hour battery life. Ports include a MicroUSB 2.0 option plus HDMI output to watch your favourite videos and shows on your big-screen TV.
The 8.9-inch variant picks up Texas Instrument’s OMPA4470 processor with a PowerVR SGX544 graphics chip. It too has the choice of 16 or 32GB of storage – the Rs21,999 tag gets you 16GB. It also comes with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless networking but no mention of Bluetooth options.
There’s a small microUSB 2.0 port for data connectivity plus a microHDMI port to get video output to your digital-ready TV or monitor. This one weighs 567grams or about the same as Apple’s iPad 2.
Follow the links in our story to the Amazon.com webpages for these details. While they cannot be purchased yet, you can sign up for notification or simply wait until June 27.
Try these similar stories:
- Amazon Kindles finally land in China
- Specifications – Amazon Kindle Fire HD tablet
- Tablet price fall: HP Slate 7 to $140, Kindle Fire HD to $169
- Raspberry Pi Model A arrives in Australia
- Apple loads Haswell CPU, USB3.0 into new MacBook Air notebooks
- Mele launches S3 portable Wi-Fi storage hotspot
- Ouya Android games console goes on sale for $99
- Android mini PC brand Ditter launches new V20 and V21 TV stick models
- HTC One Android 4.2.2 update begins seeding for non-carrier phones
- Quad-core Freelander PX2 tablet packs in I-PS panel, 3G, GPS