Chinese tablet maker Chuwi obviously had trouble deciding which quad-core CPU out of Rockchip’s RK3188 or the Allwinner A31 to choose for its next 8-inch tablet design.
So, it’s decided to use both.
According to androidpc.es, the tablet maker will release the V88s, featuring the Rockchip quad-core processor and the V8s, sporting the Allwinner option.
The V88s packs in the RK3188 into a 7.9-inch chassis with 1024×768-pixel resolution and an I-PS panel, a la Apple iPad. It’ll come with a choice of 1 or 2GB of RAM, 8 or 16GB of flash storage, along with a 2MP camera on the back and a basic VGA version on the front. The battery will be a 5000mAh Lithium-ion type with the weight tipping the scales at 346 grams.
The V8s will be the Allwinner A31 variant, coming in a fractionally larger 8-inch chassis with the same I-PS screen technology and XGA resolution. It’ll have a fixed 1GB memory cache and come with 16GB of flash storage. It appears you’ll only get a single VGA camera. Interestingly, despite including a notably smaller 3600mAh Lithium-ion battery, the V8s will actually weigh more than the V88s – 365 grams to 346.
At this stage, there are no details about pricing or availability but we’ll bring those to you as soon as they come to hand.
Try these similar stories:
- Chuwi V88mini tablet to go on sale next week
- Teclast A11s packs in less RAM but quad-core CPU, lower price
- Colorfly U781 Q1 super-thin quad-core tablet goes on sale today
- Specifications – Chuwi V8s 8-inch quad-core tablet
- Migoal TransMaker TR10/TR11 turns Galaxy S3/S4 smartphones into 10/11-inch tablet laptops
- Onda V971S 9.7-inch iPad-like tablet hits the market
- New PIPO S1Pro packs in quad-core CPU and IPS screen
- ICOO ICOU7LP 7-inch tablet has more resolution than iPad mini
- Colorfly CT974 Ivory 3 with Retina I-PS screen, 32GB of storage for $180
- New quad-core CUBE U39GT packs in 1920×1080 I-PS screen