The new IdeaPad S210 will come in an 11.6-inch chassis with a 1366×768-pixel touchscreen and be powered by a choice of Celeron 1017U or an Intel third-generation Core i3 3227U CULV (consumer ultra low voltage) processor.
There’s no mention of graphics engine at this stage but we suspect it’ll be Intel’s HD 4000 integrated engine, given the third-generation CPU being used.
It’ll come with Windows 8 preloaded onto a 320GB hard drive. However, while its weighs in at a healthy 1.4kgs, the word is it’ll only feature a three-cell battery, good for around three hours battery life. With Apple recently launching its new MacBook Air with up to 12 hours’ run time, the S210 will struggle to compete unless it comes in at a very competitive price point.
Connectivity is good with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 on-board ready to go.
According to liliputing, the S210 will be available in Japan this July but no word on the rest of the world or pricing at this stage.
|Model||Lenovo IdeaPad S210|
|Processor||Intel Core i3 3227U CULV|
|GPU type||Intel HD 4000|
|Screen size (inches)||11.6|
|Screen type||TFT LCD touchscreen|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows 8|
|Internal storage||320GB hard drive|
|External storage||(user selected)|
|Video recording||Up to TBA|
|Dimensions||300 x 206 x 23mm|
|Announce Date||May 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Microsoft to sell 256GB Surface Pro tablet in Japan
- Lenovo Miix 10 tablet to sell for $549 this quarter
- Acer Aspire R7 delivers four viewing modes but Ivy Bridge CPU
- Gigabyte S10a Windows 8 tablet comes with AMD chip
- Inctel IN-I160C X86 mini PC goes for $94 plus shipping
- Ultrabook with 3200×1800-pixel screen – Samsung’s ATIV Book 9 Plus
- Sony launches new touchscreen range of VAIO laptops
- Linux Mint announces Core i5-powered MintBox 2
- Taiwanese show off next 7-inch Windows 8.1 tablet
- Surface RT experiment costs Microsoft $900million