However, it looks as though one enterprising designer has come up with what could well be a popular option – a TV box with built-in VGA output.
According to AndroiPC.es, the Gaiyee TVB103 will deliver the quad-core SoC CPU with 2GB of DDR3 RAM along with 8GB of flash storage.
On the back, you can see there’s an excellent array of options including external DC power and dual audio options – S/PDIF digital audio plus analog audio via two RCA sockets.
The video output options feature HDMI plus VGA – a very rare sight these days. You also get wired Ethernet network connectivity.
What you don’t see – but is included – is 802.11n Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth for audio and personal devices. It’ll be powered by a version of Android 4.2 (Jelly bean) operating system.
At this stage, there’s no pricing but you can be sure it’ll be quite popular when it hits the market.
This is one mini PC that definitely stands out from the competition.
Currently, the market in mini PCs is flooded with quad-core options including the likes of the MK908, CX-919 and new DM918. Having a quad-core mini PC with HDMI and VGA output will make this an interesting option for low-cost traditional computing, replacing older more power-hungry desktops.
We’ll bring you more information as it comes to hand.
Try these similar stories:
- Q&A: How do I get analog audio out from a mini PC?
- How to go from mini PC to VGA monitor
- Kaiboer Q7 packs in dual-core CPU – and 3.5-inch HDD
- MK888 follows EKB111, CS918, K-R42 with quad-core TV box
- [LIST] Mini PCs with VGA output
- GIEC GK-MP1303A packs RK3188 CPU into TV box mini PC
- MeLE M3 STB mini PC comes with three video output options
- Rumours MediaTek to launch MTK6290 quad-core phone chip with 4G/LTE support
- New quad-core DM918 mini PC has double Wi-Fi antenna
- Bluetooth chip numbers to double by 2017