Jynxbox looks as though it’ll be kept busy with its latest device on the way to market. The Jynxbox Android XD has a good list of extras under the bonnet, including 1GB DDR3 of memory. Other major features include a Rockchip RK3066 dual-core Cortex A9 SoC chip delivering up to 1.6GHz of processing horsepower, while a Mali-400 MP4 quad-core graphics processor core handles graphics apps and gaming.
There’s 4GB of built-in flash for storage inside the Jynxbox Android XD while there’s MicroSD, up to 32GB, to provide bulk space outside of the device. The operating system is Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) to give you access to more apps. Peripheral connectivity is covered by three USB2.0 ports, ready for external devices, while an HDMI v1.4 port is included to connect up to your big-screen TV. While there’s no Bluetooth available, if you need wireless connectivity, you get 802.11b/g/n to work with.
There’s no information of the device’s weight or dimensions, nor are there details about pricing or availability yet.
The key feature pointed out by liliputing is that it’s been designed from the ground up to run the XBMC media centre app and to deliver one of the better TV media box experiences you’ll find. We’ll eventually find out if that’s the case.
NOTE: All specifications are subject to change and may not be correct at time of purchase. Please check before you buy any device that it meets your expectations and requirements.
|Model||Jynxbox Android XD|
|Processor||Rockchip RK3066 dual-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||Mali-400 MP4 quad-core|
|Operating system||Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|No./type of USB ports||three USB2.0|
|HDMI form factor||HDMI v1.4|
|Announce Date||June 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Low-profile VS-ATV-102 TV box comes with dual-core Amlogic CPU
- MX6 mini PC runs Amlogic dual-core processor
- Super-slim MK812A TV box mini PC with 2MP camera
- Magic Media i5 games console packs in 5-inch 720p I-PS screen
- Tronsmart Prometheus STB gets Android 4.2.2 ROM update
- Specifications – CX-919 quad-core mini PC
- CX-921 TV box mini PC features RK3188 quad-core CPU for $69
- New quad-core DM918 mini PC has double Wi-Fi antenna
- New 10moons D6 dual-core TV box with Amlogic CPU
- MK888 follows EKB111, CS918, K-R42 with quad-core TV box