Freaktab.com administrator Finless seems to love nothing better than churning out high-quality custom ROMs and he’s been at it again, this time releasing the Finless 1.4 ROM based on Android 4.2.2 for the CX-919.
The popular mini PC features Rockchip’s equally-popular RK3188 quad-core SoC CPU with built-in quad-core Mali400 graphics.
While the tireless Finless only finished building the previous 4.1.1 ROM a few days ago, the official updated 4.2.2 ROM came out the same day. While not quite ‘back to the drawing board’, a new ROM beckoned.
The features of this new 4.2.2 ROM are virtually the same as the previous release, namely:
* root access as well as new SU and SuperUser applied supporting Android 4.2.2
* App partition size choice of 2, 4 or 6GB.
* enabling location services
* fix for Gameloft crashing on the desktop
* Key mapper app from Freaktab user Tincore, allowing gamers to map game keys.
* Google Play fix (device shows up as a Samsung product)
* Alternate launcher
* updated boot sound
* remote control
* reboot app
You can download the new 4.2.2 ROM from the FreakTab website.
The CX-919 is one of a couple of new mini PC ‘TV stick’ style options now incorporating external Wi-Fi antenna to improve Wi-Fi networking, particularly over 802.11n speeds. It’s available online for under $100 from a number of retailers.
Try these similar stories:
- CX-919 gets new Finless 4.1.1 ROM, 4.2.2 coming soon
- New Finless ROM 1.5 for MINIX NEO X7 STB mini PC
- iMito QX1 mini PC gets new Finless ROM 1.5 firmware based on Android 4.2.2
- User mod adds extra heatsinks to MK808B mini PC
- Q&A – What are the best ROMs for the MK808 mini PC?
- ROM Roundup – new ROM releases for Hyundai T7, Measy U4B, CX-919, iMito QX1
- Samsung’s Galaxy S4 survives scratch torture test
- Ubuntu 12.04 boots natively on RK3188 mini PC
- $6 USB battery pack could power a mini PC for up to 11 hours
- New MK802IV custom ROM supports AP6210 Wi-Fi chip