Inside the Asus-manufactured Google Nexus 7, you’ll find a decent mix of options, such as a quick Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor that powers through the phone’s major functionality, clocking along at up to 1.2GHz and a cache of 1 GB of RAM to play with.
Further, it comes with a LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen-type panel, measuring 7.0 inches with 800 x 1280 pixels resolution, also the 7.0-inch display is driven by the Nvidia Tegra 3′s ULP GeForce graphics processing core.
It comes with internal file space, provided by 16/32 GB of flash storage but there’s no external storage options available. It features Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to 4.2.1 operating system to run your apps and keep things busy. Next, there are plenty of Wi-Fi options available with 802.11 b/g/n on-board and if you need personal communications, the device comes with Bluetooth 4.0.
A 1.2 MP image sensor on the back delivers the device’s best photo quality but there’s no front-facing camera on this one. The device also supports video recording up to 720p.
The Asus Google Nexus 7 weights in at 340 grams and has external dimensions of 198.5 x 120 x 10.5 mm. The product was announced back in June 2012.
You’ll find the 16GB version going for around $225 online (from places like Amazon).
NOTE: All specifications are subject to change and may not be correct at time of purchase. Please check before you buy any device that it meets your expectations and requirements.
|Model||Asus Google Nexus 7|
|Processor||Nvidia Tegra 3|
|Clock||Up to 1.2GHz|
|GPU type||ULP GeForce|
|Screen size (inches)||7.0|
|Screen resolution||800 x 1280 pixels|
|Screen type||LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen|
|Operating system||Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to 4.2.1|
|Internal storage||16/32 GB|
|Battery type||4300mA Lithium-ion (non-removable)|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11 b/g/n|
|Rear camera||1.2 MP|
|Video recording||Up to 720p|
|Dimensions||198.5 x 120 x 10.5 mm|
|Announce Date||June 2012|
Try these similar stories:
- Nexus 7 II tablet coming with HD near-Retina display this July
- ASUS launches huge Transformer tablet/All-in-One
- ASUS N550, N750 notebooks features Gen-4 Haswell CPU, quad-speaker array
- Hyundai Sero 7 Pro tablet with HD screen, quad-core speed for $149
- Specifications – (ASUS) Google Nexus 7 2
- New Toshiba Excite Pro tablet features 2560×1600-pixel resolution
- Next-gen Nexus 7 II tablet to include Snapdragon 600 CPU?
- Wikipad gaming tablet hits US June 11, UK and global later this summer
- Google to launch LTE Nexus 4 in May
- Rumour: New Google Nexus 7 tablet launching July 20 or 24