Newman has released its next device to arrive on the scene. The Newman S98 has a good list of extras under the bonnet, including up to 2GB DDR3 of RAM on-board and a RK3188 Cortex A9 quad-core SoC (system on a chip) CPU clocking in at up to 1.6GHz.
Inside, there’s a Retina-grade I-PS panel with 2048 x 1536 resolution within its 9.7-inch frame, also a Mali-400 MP4 quad core graphics processor core handles that 9.7-inch display. The display size and resolution matches the latest iPad.
It comes with internal file space, provided by 16GB of flash storage while there’s MicroSD, up to 32GB, to provide bulk space outside of the device. The operating system running the unit comes courtesy of Android 4.1. Getting external devices connected to the unit is handled firstly, by an HDMI port to connect up to your big-screen TV, while there’s a microUSB port for your peripheral devices.
Next, there is good wireless connectivity available with 802.11b/g/n built-in and Bluetooth handles the lower-power wireless side of things.
There’s a front-facing 2MP camera but somewhat surprisingly only another 2MP image sensor on the back. The Newman S98 lands on the scales with 700g and measures 242 x 189 x 10.8mm. Newman announced this new model back in June 2013 and according to padhz.com, it’ll be priced at Y1299 (around $US212).
NOTE: All specifications are subject to change and may not be correct at time of purchase. Please check before you buy any device that it meets your expectations and requirements.
|Processor||RK3188 Cortex A9 quad-core|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||Mali-400 MP4 quad core|
|Screen size (inches)||9.7|
|Screen resolution||2048 x 1536|
|Operating system||Android 4.1|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|Battery type||4000mAh Lithium-ion|
|Dimensions||242 x 189 x 10.8mm|
|Announce Date||June 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Specifications – LG Lucid2 VS870 smartphone
- HKC Q79A, a new iPad mini-like tablet with ATM7029 quad-core CPU
- Specifications – Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE 10.1-inch tablet
- Teclast P98HD quad-core tablet thinner than iPad 4 but with huge 8500mAh battery
- Fujitsu M363/P dual-core tablet appears for under $HK2000
- KNC MD1008 10.1-inch dual-core tablet arrives on the market
- Zopo C3 packs in 5-inch FHD screen, quad-core CPU for under $300
- Specifications – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 tablet
- New CUBE U35GT2 8-inch quad-core tablet arrives with I-PS screen
- LG sells 1million Optimus G Pro phones in South Korea