Prices for quad-core mini PCs, particularly those featuring Rockchip’s incredibly popular RK3188 SoC CPU, are beginning to drop significantly.
Just one of a number of RK3188 mini PCs is an H9, now being sold on eBay, for $US68.59, including free shipping.
The H9 looks for all the world like a CX-919, even down to the external Wi-Fi antenna.
It has the standard HDMI plug-type chassis and for the price, is well appointed with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless networking and Bluetooth 4.0 ready to go. The external antenna should make a significant difference, particularly when using 802.11n connectivity, in getting a stronger, more reliable signal and greater data throughput.
It comes with only 1GB of DDR3 RAM, but 8GB of flash storage, expandable throught he MicroSD card slot for another 32GB.
Power is supplied through a microUSB port – you’ll find another with OTG (On The Go) peripheral connectivity plus a full-sized Type A port.
While we can’t be certainly, we expect this to handle, look, feel and work exactly like a CX-919, down the ROM software.
|Processor||Rockchip RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9|
|Clock||Up to 1.6GHz|
|GPU type||Mali-400 MP4|
|Operating system||Android 4.1.1|
|External storage||MicroSD, up to 32GB|
|No./type of USB ports||two|
|HDMI form factor||HDMI v1.3|
|Announce Date||June 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Hi707 mini PC packs in quad-core CPU, external Wi-Fi, 5MP camera
- Q&A: What is USB OTG and how do I use it?
- QT970 TV stick features Allwinner quad-core chip, external Wi-Fi antenna
- New quad-core DM918 mini PC has double Wi-Fi antenna
- Dual-core Cubieboard2 mini PC arrives for $US59, shipping
- Kimdecent MK31, a Podoor T518-lookalike quad-core mini PC with external antenna
- Specifications – CX-919 quad-core mini PC
- GIEC GK-MP1303A packs RK3188 CPU into TV box mini PC
- CS868 quad-core mini PC now selling under $100
- Low-cost Hi709 USB stick mini PC delivers dual-core Rockchip CPU